Notices

I need help. I'm a recovering meth addict.

Old 05-10-2012, 01:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
War

I need help. I'm a recovering meth addict.

Have used once a week for the last 4 weeks. After I use I swear I'm done until a few days later. I've been through rehab I know what I'm suppose to do yet I don't do it. WHY/WTH IS WRONG WITH ME?
Old 05-10-2012, 01:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi War,

I don't know a whole lot about meth, but there are folks on this site who do, along with some groups and theads on the topic. Check out the site for more info I know its out there; other posters will also give you more direction on this thread.

Are there any NA meetings that you can go to? Hang in there.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
War

I'm trying.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Failure is not an option.

THE WEEKLY VICE: Faces Of Meth - Weekly Vice Edition
Old 05-10-2012, 01:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
War

Scary. I wish looking at pictures would be all it took to never use again. Unfortunately, its not.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Cut all ties with any users or suppliers. Change your phone number and find a new place to live if necessary. Make this job1 it should occupy your mind like a Jew trying to escape Poland in 1943.

Not a whole lot of difference, in my view, to being hooked on meth and being sent to a concentration camp--the outcome is the same--to be avoided at all costs.

Focus. You can do what must be done. The spark of free will is within you as long as you are breathing. Find that spark and grow it back into the fire of Liberty that is was designed to be.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
War

I have only two suppliers I use to have 20. Moving is not an option and I can't erase phone numbers or where the dealer lives from my memory.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:08 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
War

I know I need to stop contact.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:04 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Drug addiction is drug addiction. The drugs of choice or using patterns are not that relevant. My suggestion is- get thee to an NA meeting asap, then don't use, no matter what, one day at a time. The program works is you're honest, open-minded, and above all, willing.

gt- recovering addict for 27 years, whose DoC happened to be meth.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:20 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Your right drugs are drugs. I have been clean from a 120mg a day addiction of Vicodin for one week now. Man its tough but you got to fight the good fight. If you really want sobriety get to a n/a meeting ASAP they will help you. Remember this disease wants to kill us. Fight.
Old 05-10-2012, 05:25 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

War, I can fully empathise with your current situation. I agree with gt23 that drug of choice is basically irrelevant when it comes to substance abuse and addiction. It is likely that the cravings, urges and compulsions to use methamphetamines are similar in nature to my sporadic cravings to use various opiates and other downers/depressants.

I strongly disagree that Narcotics Anonymous is the ultimate answer to recovery. At the end of the day, it is all down to YOU. You have a choice. Nobody or nothing else can make you use again. Therefore, it is all down to your will power and determination for recovery.

I am very familiar with the emotional connection to a drug and, indeed, the cravings that are attached to this connection. Yes, methamphetamines give you an indescribable feeling of extreme euphoria and intense sexual experiences/orgasms. What you need to be conscious of is the price that you have to pay for this extreme euphoria. Listen to your conscience, you know that it feels "wrong" and that shame will result if you use again. Then comes the loss of self respect and emotional ineptitude.

In essence, substance abuse/addiction is not compatible with life.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:46 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

gotta fight through it war, occupy yourself with other activities and keep yourself busy.. stay strong
Old 05-12-2012, 11:25 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

NA is a great place to start.