Hen House Talk with All Our Friends - part 28

Time for a new thread! Old one is here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-27-a-20.html

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 05-06-2012, 07:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

(((Jay))) Can you send me the link to the website. I like to watch it, just PM me it to me. Thanks.

TB
Old 05-06-2012, 08:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

((Amy)) I have been on Linkedin for years and still haven't posted a picture. I'm not very photogenic so have been avoiding that. Don't let the pic thing slow you up!
Old 05-06-2012, 10:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Okay Gang! Let me get to working on getting these bunny photos posted for ya'll. So watch for them.

Love ya'll
TOD
Old 05-06-2012, 11:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Here ya go everyone! You can now do your Awwwww’s!

The baby bunny I got wet

The baby bunny on day two hiding in the grass. There are two leaves in the picture. At the top of the leaf on the left you can barely see its slanted eye.

Uncovered to see a little better

Uncovered to see a little better

Frontal picture to see it better

Love ya'll
TOD
Old 05-06-2012, 11:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Frontal picture to see it better 2

One of the other baby bunnies that exploded in the pen

One of the other baby bunnies exploding in the pen 2

This is the four babies nest with fur on top of it

Love ya'll
TOD
Old 05-06-2012, 11:48 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

(((TOD))) Aww, Thanks for the bunnies! have you ever seen a brand spanking new baby rabbit? not pretty. They look like skinned rats. yucky but after a few days, the fur comes and they are so sweet!

(((Jay))) It was the May issue of American Scienific, good article about drug and other therapies for PTSD. I wonder just how different the world would be if PTSD had been understood and properly treated. how much we all get shaped from the PTSD from those around us. If we had learned more effective coping skills earlier on.

(((TB))). did your meditation earlier this evening. Please let us know what HR has to say, what recourses your union rep says you may have and please do ask about what the AFL CIO might have in the way of aid. know you have the prayers, best thoughts and love from a whole Hen House and your NA home group.

((((Amy))). LOL I have a vision of you running through the brush, looking over your shoulder and yelling at a snake to go home to Uncle ((((jay))))!

(((Cangel))) No, I'm pretty toad-like right now. I'm trying to sort through my closet, that does not hold many things I can actually wear, to find something to wear to my Hubs event. And not embarrass me in front of former colleagues and classmates. And possible future network stuff. LOL. yes, I can hear the talk now: You know, we really should consider that Hubs. he's smart, talented, got all the right stuff. pity about the Toad attached to him. gotta be a story there we don't wanna know. LOL

(((Daisy))) I do feel so sorry for that poor little girl. Her mother may mean well, I think most parents do mean well, it's just the delivery of the care.

((((joe))) Always good to see you, my man. Thanks for popping in.

I had a minor upset here this afternoon. My iPhone froze up. nothing worked. Hubs called Apple and made an appointment for the Genius Bar and boy, I was sweating bullets. but, as it turned out, a minor problem and since the iPhone was still under warrantee, I got a new phone! Free! this is a huge relief! Many thanks to the universe for this!

OK, I'm going to have a glass of milk and a nice chicken sammie. I have a gray cat at my side and might be able to sleep.

Much love to all my hens and roosters.

Lenina
Old 05-07-2012, 12:37 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Lenina: You are welcome for the pics. I still just want to snatch them up and snuggle with them. But mom isn't far away. I see them out there close by all the time. So I know they are being cared for. You should have seen the expression on my face when the ground came alive with little hopping bunnies. LOL And then seeing Martha Mae with her head raised, neck feathers flared out, wings out stretched. Lordy! I couldn't get out of the pen fast enough to save the babies!

Don't know if this would have helped your ipod. But I have found. Anytime I have an electrical problem with one of my gizmos. I'll try unplugging it or take the battery out and then redo the power. This will sometimes fix the problem. Just a suggestion for the next time.

Why don't you take a trip to a Goodwill store and see if there's anything there worth getting for your outing? We have a very large store called "Savers". It's all second hand stuff. But there is a ton of nice stuff in there.

C and I were discussing this upcoming Christmas and the gifts we were supposed to buy. She said she's been hitting a lot of yard sales. Then out of the blue she told me we are supposed to buy our Christmas gifts from 2nd hand stores, yard sales, Goodwill, etc. SAY WHAT? What part of the drawing names and this ideal did I miss? LOL I am NOT a 2nd hand store person or yard sale person. Boy am I in trouble. LOL I guess I'll have to get Jethro to start taking me to these things. It's his thrill to do this thing, not mine. So I have an adventure ahead of me, that's for sure.

Love ya'll
TOD
Old 05-07-2012, 05:08 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Sent you a PM ((TB)).

((TOD)) - Those are very cute little bunnies

((Daisy)) - I don't know too much about hermit crabs, I do know they like to have humid hides, so if you spray the substrate till it's damp (not soaking) and then put a piece of bark or a log or something over it, they'll like to sit in there cause it humid. They also like cholla wood to climb around on. Uhmm...I think they need some sort of shallow dish to soak in if they want? I'm not positive on that. I'm sure there are care sheets all over the internet if you need one! Hermit crabs are pretty cool, they can get really big too! Did you get ones with natural looking or decorated shells?

((Lenina)) - You think I can find it on the net? Probably not, I'll look for it though.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:45 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

(((TOD))) - the bunnies are precious. I received the e-mail about baby bunnies who were "raised" by a dove at an animal sanctuary and they were pretty tiny (but had fur)..looked a lot like your baby bunnies.

(((Lenina))) - I used to wear a 24-26, HATED being that big, but was still able to find stuff if I went out.

(((cangel))) - I did get in on Linked In, no picture but noted most of the people it pulled up, that I knew, don't have one either. I tried to join a couple of groups that are in my field for school, but one is pending. I'm not paying their fees to join, but am already a member of another one.

(((TB))) - Still praying for good news on the work issue.

(((Love to all)))

I'm going to do a few stores (have actually SLEPT now that it's cooled down and I got the refills on a couple of my meds) and then come home and get my work history straightened out, look over my resumes (I have one I did for school, another I did on my own with Tess's help) and push through the fear I have of interviews and start applying for jobs.

It's only 70 degrees here, cloudy and I am thoroughly enjoying the weather.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 05-07-2012, 12:11 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

((TOD)) Awwwwwww.......Bunnies!!! Wow they are so cute. So curious what happens when they are full blown rabbits? What do you do with the furry guys?

((Amy)) Glad you jumped in to the Linkedin thing. I don't have any experience in the medical field but if you want another set of eyes on your resume I am willing. Just polished up mine and have read a ton of them as a hiring manager. (PM it to me if you want)

((TB)) Sending positive thought in triplicate to you today!!

((Lenina)) I get the whole nothing fits thing.....frustrating. I was just saying you may be being a little hard on yourself. When I feel like a toad I splash on a lot of mascara and bright colors! I worked with a woman for years who was very "large" - she was a fashion inspiration, always but the rest of us to shame in that department. I always admired her style and her attitude - it was her attitude that made her beautiful!

Off today to get tomato in the ground.....I think the sun is here to stay!
Old 05-07-2012, 02:28 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

TB: What did you learn today? Anything new/old or still on hold? Don't make me hunt you down!

Cangel: What part of my post(s) have you NOT UNDERSTOOD? They are wild and run all over the yard 24/7!!!! Jethro and I don't do NOTHUN with them but dodge their doodle piles. LOL

My daughter sent me an email telling me the smaller one might be the runt. Hmmmm I don't know. Their color's are really different. But she could be right. I'll keep an eye on it to make sure it's alright. But I'm not really into wanting to do the wild rabbit baby thing again. But ya'll know I will if it comes to that. I hate to see any critter suffer. Like I've said before. If it wasn't for Jethro. I'd probably be over run in critters around here and would be wanting to shoot myself in the foot for it. LOL

Jethro has been needing a haircut for several weeks now. That hair of his is reaching a point I could pull it up into a Pebbles ponytail on top of his head! So I called his Salon today only to find out the person that cuts his hair has Monday's off. So I asked for the second person that cuts his hair. She's off on Monday's as well. So I called the gal back that answered the phone and asked if she knew how to scissor cut. Now I know I have a country accent but her's is worse than mine. She asked me to repeat myself three times. WTF? So I said Scissor cut three times for her and she finally understood me. Then she laughed and said Lord yes I know how to scissor cut. I said, well some don't know how! Sheeeesssss!!!! So he should be crawling in her chair as of right now.

To say the least. All the kids around here are glad to see one pound Maggie leave. LOL She just thought she'd fell and gone to heaven having the kids to chase, chicken poop to eat and roll around in. LOL C took a stinky dog home with her.

She kept asking Jethro how much she owed him for the push mower. He wouldn't give her a price. So she told him if he wasn't going to charge her for the mower then she was going to take us out to eat. Can we say we are trying to save YOU money. Duffus! He paid $50.00 and after tearing it apart to see what the problem was with it, he's now having to order another part for $50.00. Me oh My! I'm glad we gave her ours and she didn't have to deal with the problem he's dealing with getting it fixed now.

Until later ya'll!
Love ya
TOD
Old 05-07-2012, 02:43 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

(((jay))) I don't know if it's online but I bet the library has it. Also, there might be something on the Wounded Warrior website. A very worthy organization and one we need to help when possible. And make sure our government doesn't try to cut the benefits to our servicemen and women. I know that idea was floated in the last administration, so we must be vigilant.

(((Cangel))) I've always been a slim person. My whole family is thin. I first gained weight some years ago while I was on steroids for a back and neck injury. Lost some when I got off the steroids. Gained some from antidepressants but lost a bit when I went off them. Then menopause. Wham. 20 pounds that won't go away. I quit smoking in 2010' another 10 pounds. And now, dead thyroid not responding to the synthroid plus chronic circadian rhythm disturbance. and, I like to eat. LOL I've gone from a size 2 to a 10. Or more,depending on the cut. And I'm short! Oh well. I'm hoping once the thyroid bollox gets balanced, I'll get back to a size 6. I can live with that.

At the moment I've decided to wear this T shirt I got from a local artist, with a jacket. it's very cool and this event is very informal, or this skirt I got Peru some years ago, It's significantly arty enough and I think I have a top that will work.

(((Amy))) I am so grateful I was able to help you back when. You help so many of us everyday with your advice and support. thank you!

((((TB)))) I hope the meeting went well. I was holding you in my thoughts all night. I didn't sleep until late morning.

Much love to you all!!

Lenina
Old 05-07-2012, 03:02 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

((TOD)) Oooops!!! My bad; I guess I read through some of your posts too quickly and came to think they were in with your silkies.....sorry. Guess they get to hop around like crazy then.

((Lenina)) Your outfit sounds really cool!! Boy do I get the creep on of lbs thing....minus the thyroid "bolloks" I am in the same boat. Never really understood why anti-depressants work on a person like that. But give up food....NEVER....I love to cook and eat. I finally decided that mid-50's means 20 extra lbs for me....trying to come to terms with it; sucks!
Old 05-07-2012, 03:49 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Update on bunny!

I went out to check on it. It's still in it's little grass spot. I felt of it's tummy. It's nice and plump so it's not missing any meals. The others are under the hay pile too. So all is well in the bunny pen.

I pulled the sheet down yesterday to give them more cover and to keep the sun from beating down on them as well. It's a good thing because we have a chance of thunderstorms on the way. Hopefully they don't get too wet. I know I shouldn't worry about them. I'm sure there are all sorts of babies out around us that don't have no where near the coverage these do.

Love ya'll
TOD
Old 05-07-2012, 04:32 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

You know what's weird, I joined this thread when it was on part 2. Now it's on part 28. Holy crap we talk a lot!

((Lenina)) - Thanks for the library thought! I'll have to go see if it's there.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:46 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

((((jay))) It's the May Issue of Scientific American with the lead story "A United Physics?" and the top crawl "Erasing Painful Memories.". it's a very good edition. If the library doesn't have it, ask if they can order it for you, they might. Or maybe they have access to it on the web.

Hope we hear from our (((TB))) soon.

much love and croaks,

Lenina
Old 05-07-2012, 05:20 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

(((LIttle Lenina))) I wish I could get into my size 10's again.

this is day two of my diet.

i exercised last evening, with Jane (fonda), and did a few weight liftings tonight.

domino and samwise go to the neuter appt in the morning. it is a freebie, thanks to petsmart donating for 600 spay/neuters in my area. how awesome is that!

tomorrow is tuesday, only 6 more days to go, till Mothers day.

I hope we hear from (((tb))) soon.

where is (((med)))? i miss you girlie.

love the bunnies (((tod))). they are so precious. thanks for sharing pics of them. how is (((jtm)))?

(((dreamscape))) hi! and hugs!

(((tpa))) how are you sweetie? how is your sweet Hazel? sending a great big hug!

love love love you all.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:09 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

(((chicory))). Are corsages still in favor these days? My grandma sure loved them! I used to have a florist who would use my hair combs to wrap with gardenias. I loved wearing flowers in my hair! I suppose I should stop in a florist shop and see what's cool these days.

I used to send my grandma flowers from time to time, just to let her know I was loving her. I got her some very pretty vases but back then I was more up on things. She always saved the vases so I had to make sure they were different and matched her decor.

She's been gone 13 years now and I miss her so much. She's been in my mind a lot lately. I'm so grateful I had her to take care of me. she's been in my dreams a lot too.

You have plans for Mothers Day or are you just looking forward to getting off your feet a bit?
Did the cats get snipped?

Much love to you, my little chicory! and where is our (((meds)))???

Lenina
Old 05-07-2012, 06:10 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Optimist

Flowers in your hair are very hip and happening these days Lenina