Notices

Newbie and my story....

Old 05-05-2012, 04:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cool Newbie and my story....

Well, here I am 2-1/2 days clean off loratabs. 3 years ago I was addicted to ultram and beat it. It was the worst 2 weeks of my life. Total and pure hell. Fast forward to September of 2011, I had to have emergency open heart surgery for an aortic aneurysm. I was put on roxis for several weeks but was able to stop thank the good Lord. Three months later, I had to have brain surgery and was prescribed percosets. Again, was able to stop those just fine. However, the headaches began and I was given loratabs. This is where all hell broke loose. I became extremely addicted and my doc had no problem refilling and refilling.... I was just taking them for the energy and high. I finally became so sick of dealing with it that I started tapering but it was too hard and I had no self control. Thursday afternoon I was diagnosed with pneumonia and this gave me the excuse to give my family for staying in bed and starting to fight! I'm happy to say that it has been 54 hours since my last one. I'm proud of myself but still so angry I got myself into this. I was lucky enough to have flexeril for the body pains and Xanax to help sleep. I've been drinking lots of V8 fusion and water. Immodium has helped tremendously as well. I hope I'm past the worst but wanted to see what you guys think? Thanks for reading my ramble!
Old 05-05-2012, 04:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((kati32))) - Welcome to SR! Wow, you've been through a lot of serious stuff!

It sounds, to me anyway, that you are dealing with this rather well. Crack was my DOC (drug of choice) but I've read lots of threads about opiate withdrawal and immodium, fluids, hot baths, etc. seem to help.

SR has been a huge part of my recovery. Just be careful with the xanax - they are pretty addictive, too.

I hope you keep reading and posting. I think that opiate withdrawals may last, the worst part, for a week or two, the lack of energy lasts longer, but as I said..I didn't go through that, it's just what I read.

What I DO know, is that there are many long-term recovering opiate users here, and you are in good company.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 05-05-2012, 08:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

So crazy how many people on this site are trying to come off of pain meds, those things are deadly! You have came to the right place. Read through lots of the posts on here, it will help you through and give you tips for survival. I am almost at 90 days off of pills and this site has been my best friend. hot baths, taking a walk, whatever you can do! Stay strong.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

What first struck me was what a FIGHTER you are!! WOw. You are a heckofa strong lady. Stay, keep posting, and let us know how you are doing.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome...

I sure hope your health quickly improves without any addictive drugs..
Old 05-06-2012, 06:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you!

I first want to thank you for all of the kind comments! It's now 79 hours since the last pill. I had a really decent afternoon yesterday but today was rough! I started taking passionflower and kava and it seems to help a bit. I have to work tomorrow and just pray I make it through the day! I hate pills with everything in me and swear on my life I will NEVER be in this position again!!!