Notices

Depression Setting In

Old 04-29-2012, 08:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Depression Setting In

Day 21 opiate free. I feel like I should feel better. And I am terrified to return to work this week... I can barely handle regular, everyday things anymore. I don't know how I am going to do this.

I don't feel that sick anymore (still a little WD symptoms), but I find myself in bed for hours on end. I don't want to do anything or go anywhere. I also don't want to do nothing. I am un-content.... Should I try anti-depressants or will this just get better on it's own over time?

Anyone else feel that way????? Or advice?
Old 04-29-2012, 08:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
War

Oh God yes...for along time I had that same problem. I did try anti-depressants and put myself into out-patient. Excercise helps tremendously. It's hard coming off addiction, your brain is recovering and don't be discouraged you aren't energized and ready to face the day...it will take time. Try to keep busy it helps to take away the thoughts you are feeling. Good job on your sobriety and keep it up. It does get better.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks War. how long did this last for you? I know I am an impatient person... i am scared, anxious, nervous, and not myself. I'm scared I won't ever be normal again.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
War

A few months.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I had the same problem. I stayed in bed all day and just hung out at home. Sometimes I still do that, but every day I get out of the house and go to a meeting. After the meeting I hang out with people from the fellowship and it feels really good. Just being outside and able to appreciate nature is a great part of being clean for me.. Things get better the longer you stay clean. When I get down I remember that this is a journey and recovery doesn't happen over night. I have to work for it, and at any day clean is better then my best day using because I'm doing something beneficial for myself.