Notices

Not happy with myself..

Old 04-29-2012, 07:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Not happy with myself..

While I have been PILL clean for almost 75 days, I have been drinking occasionally, and today I am hungover, and have the feeling of guilt, like I used to get with the pains. I do not feel like I have a problem with drinking, but when I drink I drink too much. Seems everyone I am around does, whenever wo go out or do something everyone is getting hammered. I am tired of that life. I have stayed strong and away from my DOC< but now I am going to quit any other substances as well. There is just way more to life then booze, or the partying. I am starting a new job this coming August, so I will be leaving the school I am at (thank GOD) since I work with a bunch of young people that love to get loaded all the time. I know that just because they get loaded, does not mean I have too, but I am weak in that sense. I enjoy a good fun night out partying, the way I feel the next day is NOT WORTH IT. I need to commit 100% to sobriety, it is time. So, today I feel dissappointed with myself, embarrassed since I can't even remember coming home, ugh...I am too old to act like this. I so badly want to get in good shape, and live a good clean life. I want it.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Before i found pills, I used to drink until I'd black out... now alcohol doesn't appeal to me at all. Why? because of the hangover... not worth it.. I'd rather watch everyone else get f'd up (you see some crazy stuff) and be the Designated Driver.
I agree that if you abuse one substance, you'll abuse another. So it is probably best to stay away from everything. Congrats to you on your decision!
Old 04-30-2012, 05:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You are one strong lady, icandoit, and if anyone can do it, you can!! I had to quit alcohol too- it was my first DOC and I just couldn't take the blackouts, the hangovers, and worst of all, not remembering all the stupid stuff I said/did!

You won't miss it, trust me
Old 04-30-2012, 05:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am there with you all. I quit alcohol too. I used to get wicked hangovers and so I used to not drink like that very often. Treatment told me I wasn't necessarily an alcohol because I could drink socially and did more as I got older but I quit everything when I quit. Didn't want one drug tempting me to another.