Notices

Day 7!

Old 04-29-2012, 12:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 7!

Today makes 7 days with out oxycodone/heroin in my system. Things are going ok, kind of a rollercaoster that seems to never end. Last night I had what I am guessing to be an anxiety attack. It felt like I just awoke from an awful nightmere, only to realise that I was not asleep. The nightmere was my life over the last 3-4 years of constant use of opiates, and the consequence there after. I spoke with another recovering addict who told me this is quite comon among junkies.
Old 04-29-2012, 01:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hdevil- hope you are doing well today. I'm day 6 off opiates. I haven't had any anxiety attacks at all but weird leg muscle aching today which is a little different than I have experienced over the past 5 days.

Hope you are doing well!! Day 2 was by far the worst and I thought I would die but made it through.
Old 04-29-2012, 04:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks AC,
I am having a fabulous day, and I hope you are as well. I think my panic attack was more an awakening than anything else. My sponsor told me to embrase the pain, and realise that your brain is waking up. Thinking of it that way puts an entire different perspective on pain, and life in general.

I hope you are feeling better today. Withdrawl is hell, but you will never have to feel this way again, and remember to embrase the pain.

Hugs to you

hd
Old 04-29-2012, 07:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yeah really! I'm glad the worst of it is over. It was hell on wednesday night as you can read by my accounts in the thread I started. God I thought I was gonna die at one point. After I wrote you, I dropped an advil and went to look for it and found a ty 1.... Which I would gobble 12 at a time. My anxiety went thru the roof as I scrambled to get it into the toilet. You are right, it wasn't a panic attack, it was an awakening.... I can't touch those pills. I was proud of myself for flushing it, but yeah..... It sucked.
Old 04-29-2012, 07:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wow you flushed a pill you found AtomChick!? That is amazing. Great job.

and hdevil, great job on day 7!!!!