Notices

like clock work

Old 04-24-2012, 03:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

like clock work

Anxiety shows up every 30 days since I entered sobriety, lingers for a week, then disappears.

Even at 11 months in it still shows it's annoying face.
Old 04-24-2012, 04:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sally1009

johnrambo

like clock work
Anxiety shows up every 30 days since I entered sobriety, lingers for a week, then disappears.

Even at 11 months in it still shows it's annoying face.

Is there a special date, anniversary, or something work related going on every month?
Seems like something repetitive or cyclical is going on..
Old 04-24-2012, 04:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

No, I've heard it's your system repairing itself.
Old 04-24-2012, 04:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That's interesting, as I am around the 30 day mark and have been noticing the same thing.....
Old 04-24-2012, 04:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Mine was the absolute worst at 3 months, then after that I started to feel somewhat better. I almost didn't make it through that week.

I remember a failed attempt to quit before and I relapsed right at the 3 month mark, can't remember why but I'd be willing to bet it had something to do with that.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
~sb

Yes, every 30 days there is a healing occurring, but the neurons "remember" the past. Just don't pick up. If you work the 12 steps, keep working them!!
Old 04-25-2012, 04:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Happens to me too. Every 4 weeks or so I feel a bit off. It gets less every time tho. I'm on a year and still get that feeling but I just keep busy and before I know it, it's gone. It's just the way it goes I guess. Nice work on 11 months btw...that's a big accomplishment. I remember some of your early posts and it's good to see you hanging in there!
Old 04-25-2012, 07:04 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
I Am Burning ; I Will Rise

Yesterday was my Day 60. I too have felt recurring anxiety. I've been going to counseling which I believe helps. But also I realized that while using I had tons of anxiety and depression, and it lasted endlessly....so in a way, my anxiety is probably better off now....just a very different battle when having to face it sober. So I wonder if there is really an increase in the anxiety, or if it just feels different now. Just an idea to think of, not sure if anyone has experienced it this way.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:33 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Same thing happened to me -- I was doing fine, then hit by overwhelming anxiety for one reason or another (usually triggered by having to attend social events that I didn't want to). I was almost one year clean and sober when I started smoking pot again to "deal with my anxiety". Guess what? It didn't work.

I just think it takes a LONG time to learn how to deal with anxiety. Little by little I have gotten more comfortable in social situations.