Notices

depression/anxiety

Old 04-23-2012, 04:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy depression/anxiety

I have been in a terrible depression for quite sometime now, I also have very bad anxiety with panic attacks that come close to making me faint, I had a number of years when my anxiety and depression were managed with prozac and clonapin, I only took the clonapin when my anxiety was high, not on a daily basis,I am an alcoholic and my famiy had me sectioned into a 30day program 3 years ago and they also stopped the prozac and clonapin, my doctor gave me ramron for sleep and thats all i was taking and remained sober for 3 years, I did have anxiety and depression issues over that time but some how made it through until a few months back my anxiety was unberable , my doctor and I treid numerous medications none of them benzos and none of them have worked, I ended up drinking again and talking percs, I am now back in recovery and on suboxon, but my anxiety and depression is unbelievable, I want to die on a daily basis and live in constant fear(anxiety) I feel as though I can't go on much longer like this and I don't understand why the doctors will not try treating me again with the clonapin and prozac, I take the prozac but the refuse to give me a benzo for my anxiety, because I am an addict, I want nothing more than to be sober and mentallly ballanced, I have never abused the clonapin and I am just being left to suffer when thats what has worked for me, I am working so hard to get better but I'm not.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

barbi,

I hear the pain and frustration in your post, and I truly understand. It feels so unfair that there is no simple way to relieve the horror of anxiety. I do not know the discussions you've had with your doctors, so I cannot comment on the decisions they are making. If you truly feel they are unjust or wrong, I hope you can find a way of sitting down and getting to the heart of the matter and problem.

But I will do my best to offer YOU hope and support while you navigate this very difficult situation. Anxiety has been the worst thing I have experienced, and the hardest thing to deal with. In the end, pills didn't really address it. And in time, more and more medication was required and essentially the end result was to become a zombie addict or...? So truly trying every other method of addressing anxiety is the best way to go before resorting fully to meds. even if you do NOT abuse the anxiety meds, pretty much the pathway is that due to the physiological realities, more and more will be required and we DO become psychologically hooked on them and less and less willing and able to deal with anxiety without them. That is an unfortunate truth, and one reason why it is best that we do everything we can to build "muscle" to address anxiety as much as possible without meds.