Notices

11 months today!

Old 04-22-2012, 01:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

11 months today!

I want that year coin so bad.

This is a really weird feeling, 15 years of drugs and I'm almost a year clean, crazy.

To anybody struggling right now:

Stick with it, it's worth it!
Old 04-22-2012, 01:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Brilliant!
Old 04-22-2012, 01:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by johnrambo View Post
I want that year coin so bad.

This is a really weird feeling, 15 years of drugs and I'm almost a year clean, crazy.

To anybody struggling right now:

Stick with it, it's worth it!
Congratulations! I've been clean 10 days now and hope to achieve what you have. I did backslide with alcohol so I'm only 2 days sober. It is a rough road but you are traveling it well.

I'm struggling with learning to live without the drugs and alcohol. I've been addicted 30 years, more than half my life, and I'm suffering a major depression since stopping codeine and fear I will do as I have in the past and go to alcohol to blot out the world. Any suggestions on how to restart life clean and sober? B/c of the drugs/alcohol I have virtually no friends and my family has passed. I've never felt so isolated.
Old 04-22-2012, 01:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats !
Old 04-22-2012, 01:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

that's fantastic JR - congratulations

D
Old 04-22-2012, 03:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GraceNotes View Post
Any suggestions on how to restart life clean and sober? B/c of the drugs/alcohol I have virtually no friends and my family has passed. I've never felt so isolated.
Yes! Keep your mind on your goals to stay motivated. Do what makes you happy and ask veterans what works for them. Remember it takes work but it's well worth it.

I have never made friends easily and in the past not had the most attractive personality. The longer I stay sober the more I'm learning about how to behave and how to make friends, socialize and relate to others. Turns out the world, people and life all aren't as bad as I thought they were.

You can do this, others have proved it possible. One of the reasons Catholics look up to Saints is as a reminder that if it's possible for these people to be holy, it's possible for us to be too.
Old 04-22-2012, 06:18 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

congrats to the max!!
Old 04-22-2012, 07:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
dude in recovery

WTG Rambo!
Old 04-22-2012, 08:35 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by johnrambo View Post
Yes! Keep your mind on your goals to stay motivated. Do what makes you happy and ask veterans what works for them. Remember it takes work but it's well worth it.

I have never made friends easily and in the past not had the most attractive personality. The longer I stay sober the more I'm learning about how to behave and how to make friends, socialize and relate to others. Turns out the world, people and life all aren't as bad as I thought they were.

You can do this, others have proved it possible. One of the reasons Catholics look up to Saints is as a reminder that if it's possible for these people to be holy, it's possible for us to be too.

JohnRambo - thanks for your good words. I got myself to AA tonight and will go again tomorrow night and will find an NA meeting for this week, too. I'm not sure which one will be better for me but am open to going to both.

Again congrats on 11 months and I hope you'll post when you get your 1 year coin.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:04 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Way to go!!

Proud of you!!

~Pandie