Notices

I need serious help and advice to recover

Old 04-19-2012, 02:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I need serious help and advice to recover

I am in serious need of help. The last 4 years have been an insane mess and I wake up knowing that if I don't do something about my addiction, I'm going to die. It started with pills and then I started experimenting with coke and then meth. My parents are begging me to seek treatment and have even offered to pay for it. I'm scared and nervous and even a little reluctant to go. They have been looking at Brookhaven Hospital's substance abuse treatment center since they specialize in a few different fields, and they would probably be able to address my issues with depression and anxiety. In the end though, I don't feel like my parents really understand how I feel. Is there anyone who has gone to a treatment center like this? Should I be feeling as scared as I do?

Last edited by Dee74; 04-19-2012 at 02:35 PM. Reason: removed link
Old 04-19-2012, 02:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I Am Burning ; I Will Rise

Anyone being faced with the reality that their addiction needs to be conquered and will possibly cease using is going to be scared. Sounds to me like you have a very good support system and most people do not have the source of help like you. A lot of people would quit if they had someone willing to pay for their detox and rehab.....sounds to me like you should take advantage of such a great support and assistance.....you've got nothing to lose but your addiction to drugs. Good luck.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi liviamaz

Welcome

I have no personal knowledge of this rehab but I think most of us are apprehensive about things like this.

Rehabs not a magic cure but it could be the start of recovery for you, if you want it to be.

Isn't trying something new worth a chance to get out of the way of life you're leading now?

If not rehab what else could you do?

D
Old 04-19-2012, 02:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Are you ready to get sober? Sounds like you have great support. Your parents may not understand how you feel but love you and are willing to go to great lengths to help you get better. I am now 10 days sober and it has been the hardest thing I've ever gone through. I have chronic back pain but had TONS of stress the last year and after 7 years of taking pain meds and being able to control the amount I take I found myself running out of my scripts early. My stress caused more pain and the cycle got vicious. I was up to 10-15 30mg oxycodones a day for about 6 months. I cut back once I realized the oxy was causing more damage then pain relief. It took me 2 months to finally make the leap and get sober! I was honest with my doctor who has been amazing helping me in every way she could. My family has been awesome also. But the part of feeling all alone has been the hardest part. I spend hours on this website everyday and hardly ever post. But it's my support group for now. Make sure you're ready and honest about getting sober before your parents spend a ton of money on rehab. I wish you luck and hope you feel the same way I do about this website. It's been my lifeline the last 10 days
Old 04-19-2012, 02:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I haven't been to this center before, but I have been to Caron. It was a great place for me to start over again. What could it hurt to go if you are ready to quit. Let them help you learn new ways with tools to fight with.