Notices

what to do when the dealers call

Old 04-06-2012, 07:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Talking what to do when the dealers call

not quite sure how to handle this.......my bf and I are newly sober opiate addicts and we've also dabbled a bit with crack and tonight the crack dealercalled wondering where we've been we didn't do anything but it was a close call
Old 04-06-2012, 08:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

block their number or change yours ?
those guys never like to lose a customer - they can be very persistent.

D
Old 04-07-2012, 11:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I agree with Dee74 - its always tempting when your dealers keep calling.

Block their numbers and try to avoid them on the street.
Old 04-07-2012, 12:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Agree with the others, change your number. stay far away from dealers, they don't care about your recovery, they only care about making money.
Old 04-07-2012, 06:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I have changed my number quit a few times but they call my b4 and got whatever reason he isn't ready to burn bridges.i think he just wants top know that they are there? for me that's too much temptation
Old 04-08-2012, 04:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by darrienandemmum View Post
I have changed my number quit a few times but they call my b4 and got whatever reason he isn't ready to burn bridges.i think he just wants top know that they are there? for me that's too much temptation

Tell your BF he needs to make a clean break from the dealers as otherwise it could also put your recovery in danger. Maybe he is not really ready to quit?
Old 04-08-2012, 07:24 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm still struggling with this myself too...opiates are different than a lot of "street drugs" I think because it didn't seem to be as segregated...where THIS is the dealer and THESE are the users....seemed for me atleast that a bunch of us all sorta headed down that road and then sold to each other...id get a bunch one day and distribute some and keep some and then maybe next week someone who had bought off m, id be buying off them....so, I've had calls to sell to me, calls with people wanting me to sell for them (it was a way id make some for free by doing all the legwork), and people wnting to buy from me...so these are people who are friends...were friends and even family BEFORE we all got hooked on pills...so its hard to break those ties....my biggest challenge is about a week away...my ex husband gets his script and he owes me $1200 worth of pills...which he's been repaying with like 20 a month...now, have kids together so there's no cutting him out of my life and I do want my money back someway sooo...that's gonna be a challenge....anyhow, guess I've given no good advice but just know you're not alone...for me, its just taking one moment at a time each time the phone goes off...I only have to say no once and then I don't have to do it again til the next time so I push it out of my head....just like its one day at a time, its one no at a time