# 2 (permalink)  

Okay, here's the new thread:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post3351154

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 04-05-2012, 06:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

am i in the right place?

(((tb))) how is your knee? i am dying to know!

(((TOD))) is doing crates! oh boy, I know you are tired after that. i love big old puffy clouds.

i am exhausted. you know you live in a crappy town when everyother customer can be heard talking about jail, someone in jail, about just getting out of jail, or they have a parent in jail. sigh. and the kids. omg. heathens.

love you all.
tiredchicky.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Oops, I didn't realize ((Dee)) was faster than me and I messed up the link info. Oh well, I'm sure everyone can find it. We're in AL, dad and I are disagreeing on the thermostat. As much as I've complained about the heat, I'm now wearing a jacket because he complains about it being too warm if the air isn't on a bit. He got into a tirade about insurance companies ripping off people, I finally just started listening to my mp3..conversation over. We still have about 9 hrs to go. It will be fine, he just usually listens to talk radio, my information on insurance vs universal health care is based on a lot of research on both for papers and if he's gonna just dismiss everything I say, then we won't discuss it.

((Chicory))) I understand the jail talk. We have a police station 3 miles from our house because the subdivision behind it is a major 'hood...and it's where my step-siblings were raised, but it wasn't that bad back then.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 04-05-2012, 10:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

((Amy)) Sorry to be such a dope...but what are you doing on the road exactly? Sounds interesting .... and yes I am wayyyy behind the curve here with the question.

So today I am now prospective juror alternate #1....who knows what will happen tomorrow but with my track record I will probably remain. So much for sleeping in my first week of unemployment; this feels like more of a real job than the one I left. Certainly more serious as it affects someone's life...hope everyone else takes it that seriously.

While lingering in the hall waiting today I discovered that one of my son's friends was appearing in family court. Wow.....22 and appearing for a family matter means he has been busy in the last few years. I guess I should be thankful that my son is still just dealing with issues relating to just him....not a child and another adult. Sad.....I remember the kid as being a great first baseman in the Pony league...and now this at such a young age??? What happened to childhood and productive dreams......

((TOD)) Behind the curve with pic thing too.....but I will get to it!

((Jay)) You have a standing invitation to the SF zoo! It is a wonderful place to spend the day....great snakes too.....I sneak off and go by myself just for the fun of it frequently. My favorite thing is to stand in the Lion/Tiger house during feeding time. Their roars are amazing....make your whole body vibrate. I find it a great way to get out of myself and appreciate how really big the world is. Hope things are continuing to go well for you!!
Old 04-05-2012, 10:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

((TB)) Thanks for the support. Have faith the puppy will be ok....as for my son and the drugs.....invoking the "Let Go....Let God" mantra. In his hands.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:14 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Cangel2: Good luck with posting the picture. Be safe as a juror!

Chickory: Rush, rush, rush on getting those crates done before dark. Lucy Poo can really crank up the volume when it starts getting dark. She's so afraid mom or dad has forgotten about her. LOL

I got my crown fixed. The dentist like to have never got the crown out of my mouth. And when it finally turned loose it went flying down the hallway. LOL The reason it was loose. The dentist that put it in didn't use the right ankers. So I had a post drilled and then the crown was recemented onto the post. It ain't moving no more! Man it feels so good to get that thing taken care of. I have an appt coming up in May for more crowns. So one by one these root canaled teeth are getting done. And the nicest thing about it is it isn't costing me a dime. All those years in Army combat boots is finally paying off for me.

Alright, heading to bed. Jethro wants me to go with him tomorrow to help him pick up parts for repairs.

Love ya'll
TOD
Old 04-06-2012, 02:36 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

((cantel)) dad and I are going to see my aunt and uncle in AR. She is moms older sister (my mom died in '91 at my age). She has been a huge part of my foundation in recovery. She is 80, my uncle is 94 or 95, he's had 3 heart attacks and 2 strokes and this may be my last chance to spend time with him. We just crossed into AR but still have a good ways to go. Dad slept for 2-1/2 hrs so now I'm gonna try to get a nap.

((TOD)) - glad you got the crown fixed

(((Love to all!)))

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 04-06-2012, 03:32 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

(((amy))) I thought you were leaving Sunday? i guess I am mixed up. Have a wonderful time with your family honey. 94 and still going. I hope i am still able to get around at that age. I guess he is taking it easy these days. How many in the family there, where you are visiting?
Once I was in Little Rock, and I just fell in love with it! Just the way the town sat there, sort of nestled in the earth, with hills , and houses on the sides of the hills, terracing down. i think i am remembering that right. but anyway, it was charming to me.
aw, see you signed amy. that takes the fun out of autocorrect! i wish i could remember some of the names it replaced "impurrfect" with...love that name, by the way.
take good care.

(((cangel2))) sorry about your jury duty, but at least they will be getting at least one person who is thoughtful and cares about being fair. i knock on wooden head here, but i have never been called for jury duty. maybe because im in small town? or maybe they know me?;p they might figure i would drive them crazy. ha.
that is a shame about the young friend , dealing with legal matters at such an early age. at any age, it is too bad that people have such domestic troubles. i know what you mean about where did happiness of youth go to. so many kids in this town having kids. i dont know what the schools are doing to educate our children about having children. seems having a baby appears to them to be a pleasant distraction from their lives of trouble. and it ends up being their meal ticket to have one after another. this is a huge welfare town, and it is a sad thing. i am all for children being able to eat, that is very important. but try to teach them a better way of life. i cant help wondering if our schools could do more, in some way, to help with kids life choices.
sorry your vacation is being taken up with jury duty -do you know how long that will last?

(((tod)))you are probably sleeping away right now., glad you got the tooth fixed. funny how it was loose, but getting it out was near impossible-haha i have a few crowns and they are wonderful. i wish i had free dental. i even have insurance, and it covers bare minimum on stuff. it is so important to have dental care. to our health, our self esteem and all. hope your day is nice and bright and all the featheries are happy.

(((lenina)))worried about you. have you checked in with a doctor lately? sending love . so fuzzyb was a feral at one time? that tells me more about why you guys talk about how he is scared of cat hatcheters... i understand now.. tell him auntie chic sends head bonks.

hugs to all. having another cup of joe before my day starts. yesterday was brutal......
love
chic
Old 04-06-2012, 07:36 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Chickory: Good morning to you dear. Jethro made sure he woke me up before leaving. I have to find the get up and move energy here in a few minutes. He wants me down there before noon! Ha Ha Ha I tried telling him "I'm RETIRED"! Quit trying to put me back to work. LOL But I'll help out. Just wish it wasn't so early in the day. Ya'll know I'm a night owl and hate getting up before noon.

Yes I'm thrilled I now have free dental. What I had done yesterday would have cost me a fortune. I now see why so many veterans fight like hell to get their 100% DAV. There are so many perks. We got our property taxes in last week. We owe $0's on the property taxes now. I only have to pay $5.00 towards the Fire Station fees. I think I can afford that. Jethro being my husband. Gets all kinds of perks as well. Free medical thru the VAH and free medicine. Gets mailed right to our door. But like Jethro tells me all the time. It isn't FREE! I earned it all the hard way. Yeah I did. I'm glad I chose the career I did back in my early 20s.

Yes that loose tooth was amazing. The dentist had moved it back and forth when he first looked at. He stopped because he said he didn't want to pull it out before he got impressions done. RIGHT!!! We were all laughing when he finally got that sucker pulled. I told him not to assume anything anymore. Because that tooth of mine sure proved him wrong. He was a little mad at the former dentist. He said the dentist used a cheap method to put the crown in. So it was bound to come loose at one point. And it did. I'm just wondering how much I had to pay for that cheap cement job way back when. That's okay though. He'll get his due. I found out after I stopped seeing him from a former employee. He's using a lot of illegal drugs. So his day is coming.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh The Today show just showed an adorable little bunny rabbit born w/o ears. He's a long haired bunny. Just too cute. When I took Martha out to the pen yesterday. I damned near stepped in the middle of the baby rabbit stretched out on the damp ground inside the pen. The little darling almost became SHISH KABOBED!

I think Martha Mae is molting. When I cleaned her cage out yesterday, it was full of feathers. Plus when I went out to talk with ump yesterday. The bugs were trying to carry me off. So that would explain why ALL the big chickens aren't wanting to leave the porch area. I guess I need to get my vanilla mixture made up and start spraying the backyard here.

Amy: I guess you are close to AP's by now. Enjoy the company and the great state of Arkansas. That auto correct on your phone has also created a segment on the Ellen's show. She shows texts from ppl that have had some really strange auto corrections happen to them. LOL I've been in tears from laughing so hard at some of them.

Cangel2: Just go in there and tell them you feel the party is guilty right from the start. They'll send you home. That's what Jethro did when he was called up. I was called up once and didn't have to go when they found out I was a member of the USAR, (Uncle Sam Ain't Released Me Yet). I was removed from the call list. Yeah! Sure didn't hurt my feelings.

Well! Our great Razorback Football coach is in the frying pan along with so many others. He had a motorcycle wreck last Sunday. Everyone was concerned and then there was a bombshell found. He also had a 25 year old female passenger on the motorcycle. He admitted he had been having an affair with her. She was also an employee of his. Way to go coach. Losing a multi million dollar job for a piece of tail. And ruining your marriage as well. What was he thinking? It apparently wasn't with the head on his shoulders.

Well I better get moving here.

Love ya'll
TOD
Old 04-06-2012, 09:31 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

(((chicory))) Aw honey, don't worry about me. I'm fine, just the big old hypochondriac in me that takes a minor discomfort and runs all the way to the ICU with it! LOL I do have the fibromyalgia but it's mostly under control, not too uncomfortable and doesn't cause any damage to my body. It's just a nuisance. I swear, the root of all my problems is lack of restorative sleep.

Yes, the FuzzyB was a feral rescue. He's a gorgeous cat but a total geek. He's bonded with me and Hubs but mostly he loved OG, who hated him with a vengeance. For years, he'd never eat anything in front of me or Hubs. I mean, years! If we happened to stumble into the kitchen while he was dining, he'd shoot out the door like a wild thing! I think maybe he was trapped in a food baited cage. Anyway, he's healthy, seems happy and gives us a great deal of pleasure. And will eat from my hand bits of chicken, cheddar cheese and shredded beef.

He's a very good purrer and quite a chatter box. hubs says he's a mouthy little cat! He's the only cat I've ever had that will chew me out for what he considers rude behavior!

(((Cangel)))). Enjoy the jury duty, seems I always get civil cases. As boring as it is, remember you're doing a civic duty, participating in our Great Nation! plus, don't you get a whole $5 a day? LOL.

(((TB))) Hope you're able to enjoy this Spring day! It's nice here today, I'd hoped Hubs might get a half day off but apparently his firm is run by heartless heathens who just don't know I'm home chomping at the bit, to get out and do something!

(((TOD))) Glad you got your tooth settled. Just in time for Easter Dinner too! Do you guys have baked ham? maybe with the pineapple rings and brown sugar? I am salivating for roast lamb. With pearl onions, carrots and just a mere touch of mint jelly! Oh and new potatoes. Somehow I bet we end up with lamb skewers from Charlie Kebob. LOL

(((Jethro)))). how's the inventory coming along? You getting some organization going? Are things done by computer these days? I bet you're having fun with your friend and knowing your doing a good deed.

((((Amy))) I hope and Dad are scheduling some rest breaks. I know how you two like to push the limits but please be kind to your bodies! Eat some decent food too but don't fill p on junk! I'm sure your Aunti Phyllis has all kinds of good eating waiting for you!

Anyone here ever use onion skins to dye eggs? A friend was telling me about this. Sounded like an interesting deal. My great grandma told me they used to wrap lace around eggs and then dip it hot water. The dyes weren't colorfast back then and it would color the eggs real pretty.

I really do enjoy the imagery/iconography of Easter. Wish I had a nice hat. Hmmm, I think I have a lavender straw hat up in the shelves. I'm gonna go dig it out!

Much love and chocolate eggs!

Lenina Jelly Beana
Old 04-06-2012, 09:47 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

We are less than 2hours away and its pretty we are. We pulled over to a rest area and slept for 3 hours. I started driving but was still sleepy so dad took over. Woke me up running off the road several times fiddling with his phone. Got into another stupid argument, back to the mp3 and then he apologized.

We'll get there about lunch time and I'm forgetting about my diet for the weekend. Doesn't look like my cousin and his kids will be able to come down from Joplin, so it will st be the 4 of us. I'm excited..aunt Phyllis is good for my soul and I really need a pick me up with worries about school, money, etc and she will do that

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 04-06-2012, 12:14 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

I made it to JB's around 11:00 am. Got to meet several ppl, all nice folks. After an hour of standing around and going next door for JB a coke. JB told me he didn't need me to make a parts run for him. That's okay though. While I was there. I went out back to smoke and saw this guy out there working. He looked familiar to me, so I asked him what his name was. When he told me I just laughed. I told him we went to HS together. I told him my name and then bells and whistles went off with him. He was a couple of grades behind me, but he started grinning. He remembered me. He was in the same grade as C. We never know where we are going to run into a former classmate, do we? LOL

Boy! Talk about a cluster F'ck up there at JB's. The place is piled up. The phone never stops ringing and customers didn't stop coming in. JB has a notebook tablet that he was using a lot for notes and part numbers. So I'd say he has a long way to go on getting up to date with his business. But if I know Jethro? And I do quite well. He'll get him into the future within a year or so. There's an older lady working there. Very nice lady. She's having to go to work because her and her husband are paying for their daughters mortgage, utilities and car payments. Their daughter is disabled. She and her husband are both retired and have a large income, but to stay a float due to their daughters' disability. She took this office job. (She was a retired office manager). God Bless her for helping her daughter and helping JB get straightened out. Her husband is a veteran too. He brought her lunch while I was there. And he just lit up when she told him I was a veteran also and that I was Jethro's wife. Jethro is working in a very nice place with a bunch of very nice ppl. Now if the place can just get cleaned up and put in order? Ha Ha Ha Ha It would take them closing the doors for a year to get it done.

Lenina: When the dentist got the tooth out of my mouth. I had to leave and come back in an hour. The entire dentist department shuts down at the same time for all of them to go to lunch. I was appalled I had to walk around with my front tooth missing. LOL I did tell the dentist. Please get that tooth back in when I get back. I have Easter dinner to attend this weekend with the family. So after I was done and leaving. He told me to have a happy/good Easter. I hugged him, told him thank you and told him and his receptionist to also have a nice Easter.

When I lived with the XH. I had delivered some eggs to a coworker of his down town Little Rock. There were two wild kittens that showed up at his house. I had him catch them and I took them home. I needed mousers for outside. They turned out to be very gentle cats. I named them Matt Dillon and Miss Kitty! Miss Kitty got killed on the road. The XH blamed me for her death. I had sent him across the road to look for a chicken I saw cross over there. Miss Kitty followed him. So he blamed me for her death. He didn't speak to me for over a week and was very cruel to me too because of her death and how it happened. I told him she got on the road all the time. She was an outside cat. It wasn't mine or his fault she was killed on the road. He wouldn't have any part of it. I was at fault. Can we say; "Divorced now"!

TTYL

Love ya'll
TOD
Old 04-06-2012, 12:36 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Well, the defense attorney booted me out this morning. Whew!! Frankly the more I sat there and listened the less I wanted to hear the case - domestic violence really bothers me. Guess it must have showed on my face......or the fact that my BF is a lawyer....one of those two things probably; anyway now I can concentrate on breaking in my new flip flops for my vacation. Much better option.

((Chicory)) I get what you are saying about young kids not understanding about babies. So cute in the abstract but a huge responsibility - that never ends. They just can't understand the impact - man I am not sure you do until you get there really. I waited until I was in my 30's to have kids and even then I was sometimes terrified by the responsibility of it all; just not something to be taken lightly. I keep being reminded that brains are not fully formed until around 25-26.....the whole frontal lobe decision making thing - not starting to really work full out until then. While I am on my soap box....it just seems to me that there isn't enough for young people to do that makes them feel appreciated and productive. A drive missing. Maybe our education system lets them down....not sure....it just seems that younger folks are all into things happening instantly and just don't understand much about effort and disappointment. The microwave / instant oatmeal generation. (Just dated myself)

((Lenina)) I did the onion skin thing many years ago. The eggs come out a beautiful carmel color if memory serves. It was great fun! I am all about dying easter eggs.....do it even if I am by myself for the fun of it. Think I will revisit the onion skin dye again this year - thanks for the idea! Not sure little kids appreciate the color though.....just saying.....
Old 04-06-2012, 12:50 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

((TOD)) Ok....here goes my first picture attempt.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Dante in the Bag.jpg (91.7 KB, 119 views)
Old 04-06-2012, 12:56 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Yeahhhhhhhhhhh you did it! What a beautiful kitty!

TOD
Old 04-06-2012, 03:43 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

wow ((((cangel))) gorgeous baby ! sitting pretty, too. thanks for the picture. hope to see some of everyone soon. glad for you that you dont have to listen to anymore of the violence stuff. i would be rather worked up over that.

(((tod)))it wasn't your fault, it was his, to not look out for her, in the road. kitties are not real trainable. they train us. i am glad to know that you once loved kitties. i guess you cant let the cats out with the silkies there. that would be a "cat"tastrophe!

gonna look up some different ways to color eggs now. maybe will post my disaters!!lol

hugs 9((amy))) glad you are safely there. have fun. what diet?!
Old 04-06-2012, 03:59 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

(((Cangel)))). Pretty kitty! Looks a lot the FuzzyB! I think FuzzyB's eyes are a bit rounder and his face a little shorter. He has a small head compared to his huge feet and ringed tail!

(((Amy))) You know I'm going to have to hear the menu! I don't know what's up with me. It I've been having some wild food cravings. Yellow cake with chocolate frosting, ambrosia, the good kind with the tiny marshmallows and maraschino cherrries. Gravy bread. Good job cravings don't have calories and even better that cravings don't have to be acted out.

(((chicory))) Do let us know about your egg fun. seems I recall something about using wax but I don't remember the details.

Hubs still isn't home. Ack. This having to earn a crust of bread daily is really no fun. all my friends are busy with their holiday plans. I think I might have to have a moody wallow in my self pity. LOL Or I could do the laundry.

Much love!

Lenina
Old 04-06-2012, 03:59 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

That's one cute kitty! Thanks for posting Cangel. Glad you got off that jury duty too.

chicory, how you doin? YOu've had a hard week sweetie and hope it's all getting peaceful there for you. Much love

Lenina, We all worry when one of us isn't feeling up to par. So I hope it's abated or better for you. Have you ever posted a pic of Fuzzy on here?

TOD, I saw a pic online today and thought of you, it's the world's smallest bunny. You;re up to your ears in rabbits lol but my daughter would be in heaven there. HOpe you and the MAN are fine and staying out of trouble.

Jay hope all is well your way.
And Amy is probably there by now and exhausted. Sounds like you had good weather.

I've had my own stomach issues, got GERD, or bad acid reflux and it put me in the bed today, I've been running on empty for days, up early to bed late makes me an old lady.
Heading out to my mom's for the night with my daughter, so I probably won't be posting till late tomorrow.

Sending TB hugs.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:06 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

((((med)))) Safe trip! sorry to hear about the GERD. Believe me, none of my nonsense is serious. mostly just annoying.

I don't know how to post pics! I have a really good one of the FuzzyB on his chill axing pillow and some nice ones of OG on my iPhone but no idea how it works.

I just had some chicken soup and tea with honey.

(((jay))) Do check in when you can.

Much love!

Lenina