Notices

pill addiction

Old 04-02-2012, 06:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy pill addiction

starting the process of getting clean, and need help! I've been addicted to opiates for about 4 yrs now and had almost a month clean, then had a root canal and got pain pills. I used them better than I normally would of, not trying to get high but I'm struggling with the thought that I wasted three weeks and now have to start over. I'm a mother of two young children 2 1/2 and three months, and I also have chronic pain. I'm so stuck in a rut, dealing with post partum as well. Really need some support!
Old 04-02-2012, 08:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You will find lots of support here. This site has helped me tremendously, I've been fighting opiates for ten years, and as of today have 13 days clean. I am determined to do this. Amd from all of the posts on SR, i am more and more convinced that it can be done. Don't view the three weeks as a waste; it takes most people who addicted to opiates many attempts before they are finally able to quit for good. If your mindset is in the right place, and you are determined that you WILL NOT pick up again no matter what you face, you can do this. I will say some prayers for you.
Old 04-03-2012, 05:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes, it can be done. I had an almost 30 year addiction to painkillers working my way up to 5 oxy 40mg a day. I quit with the help of my Dr. and have never gone back. I think it is best to work with a Dr. if you can. I had to quit c/t because I couldn't taper and didn't want to taper. (If I had them, I took them - simple as that)

I have been opiate free now almost 3 years and I love it! The w/d is very hard but you can go day by day and minute by minute and somehow that seems far less overwhelming.

Because of the age of you kids, do you have someone that can help you out while you are "sick". You don't have to tell anyone what you are doing, you can just have a bad flu. I was sick a long time but I was on a high dose for many,many years. My kids are grown so I didn't have to worry about that. Different dosages and different people make w/d easier on some and harder on others.

Take care, kiss your babies, and get well. We're all here with support for you. (I wish I lived near you - I would babysit in a heartbeat!)

...Ruby...
Old 04-03-2012, 08:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I was in your shoes when it comes to opiates. I quit for a few months then got kidney stones. I was able to fight a week of pain with maybe two pain pills. The problem happened after the pain was gone. The addict in me said, you didn't relapse when you took the pills for pain so you will not relapse if you take them for the rush. Sucka. I was hooked again in a few days. I then quit but traded my addiction for benzos. Now I am kicking benzos. I ay get a docs help and don't trade your addiction. Avoid subutex if possible. Mainly see a doc and come clean to her/him.
Old 04-03-2012, 04:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

fortunatley I've never gone through physical wd's, very lucky with that. I've been looking @ online support bc I don't have someone willing to watch the kids for me consistently. Where I am I don't have any famil (other than my bf and I don't get along well with them) and I don't have friends either
Old 04-03-2012, 09:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR. There's a lot of hope, healing and support here. I know how hard this is just for me, I can't imagine having to take care of little ones in addition to myself so my heart goes out to you sweetie.

You can do this!

We are all here for you.

Hugs,
~Pandie
Old 04-03-2012, 09:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
SOBERWRLDRCDPOWER

We're really not suppose to give medical advice but I heard something yesterday that you might wanna here. Private message coming your way!!!
Old 04-05-2012, 09:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you are dealing with post partum, that alone is a nightmare to battle.

You are in the right place. There are plenty of people here that have been through this. It's not easy, especially with kids to deal with too, and ESPECIALLY such young ones

Don't beat yourself up about what has happened in the past, you can't change it so let it go and work on today. Good Luck!