Notices

Looking for info

Old 04-01-2012, 06:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Looking for info

HAS ANYONE EVER KICKED METH ON THEIR OWN?THATS WHAT MY HUSBAND [JOE] IS TRYING TO DO. HES ON DAY 8 AND HASNT LEFT THE HOUSE, SLEEPS ALL THE TIME, AND EATS.I ASKED HIM IF HES TRYING TO QUIT, HE SAYS, WHY YOU ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS. CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW IT FEELS OR WHAT TO PREPARE FOR. VERY STRESS SITUATION.
Old 04-01-2012, 07:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

thanks sugarbear

I hope i got in the righ place, just posted.Will see.You have been such great help for me, THANK YOU,still getting the hang of all this. Im on alot, and i think i feel much better, just knowing i have people to talk too. Going to meeting 2 on Tuesday, THANKS AGAIN
Old 04-01-2012, 09:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sorry, I'm on Suboxone, so can't help you, but hopefully someone will come alone soon. I'm sure his Dr can give you advice, or try going to a meeting, I'm sure a lot of folks there have been through the same experience.
Old 04-01-2012, 07:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jolinda View Post
HAS ANYONE EVER KICKED METH ON THEIR OWN?THATS WHAT MY HUSBAND [JOE] IS TRYING TO DO. HES ON DAY 8 AND HASNT LEFT THE HOUSE, SLEEPS ALL THE TIME, AND EATS.I ASKED HIM IF HES TRYING TO QUIT, HE SAYS, WHY YOU ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS. CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW IT FEELS OR WHAT TO PREPARE FOR. VERY STRESS SITUATION.
Methamphetamine or methadone? If he sleeps all the time and is eating constantly, sounds more like Methamphetamine.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes there are people out there that have quit.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Well if all he does is sleep and eat count him lucky. Most ppl can't do either. Everything depends on how long he was on methadone and what his dose was when he stopped. My first 2 weeks I never left the house either..... But really talking helps, at least it did for me, I guess everyone is different....

Here's my story, don't know if it'll help or not... http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ld-turkey.html
Old 04-02-2012, 03:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I think she's talking about methamphetamine not methadone
Old 04-02-2012, 06:42 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Iwas talking about methamphetamine, Sorry Dee 74, had trouble messaging you back. I went to forums, posted in methadone and detox. Guess i didnt explain good enough, sorry
Old 04-02-2012, 06:50 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Jolinda,
I've never had any experience with Methadone but I have kicked prescription opiates. The problem with methadone is that it has such a long half life.
It can be kicked but let me tell you what - the person has to really want it.
It is MUCH better to get help from a medical doctor. One of the reasons why is the fact that sleeplessness and CONSTANT anxiety will drive anyone mad within just a few days. The W/D process takes weeks. You doctor will be able to prescribe meds for anxiety and sleep.
I know that in my case, My doctor was able to address those two things and it made life MUCH easier. I was completely devoid of any physcial W/D symptoms in 7 days. I felt like a normal person in just weeks. I'm three months out now and doing pretty good. I still have some issues with sleep now and then but it's manageable. It's just that I relish a solid uninterrupted 9 hours of sleep. Exercise helps with that though.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:12 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I think so too
Old 04-02-2012, 05:08 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

No worries Jolinda - I merged the two threads, removing some doubles and some redundant posts

D