Notices

I hate drugs

Old 03-29-2012, 09:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I hate drugs

I absolutely hate drugs. I realized that they can be good and save lives after all I am a nurse. But I hate the fact that they can be addictive and cost people's lives.

I realize that we choose to take the drugs but it they just *&^^ me off. The withdrawl was awful and for some of us it didn't take much for us to get addicted. I am a nurse and know that some drugs are meant for good and for those I am happy to have for the right purpose. Dang....an addicts mind because we got a high off of that one drug.

Lives get shattered by resentment, anger, depression, discouragement, hopelessness, the false sense of happiness, secrets and the list goes on. It causes us to become liars and theives and to turn against and say terrible things to the people that love us the most. They want to offer help and we turn our backs on them for that stupid drug. After a while that drug doesn't even give us what we want....just despair and a crappy lifestyle.

I am done with that. I want my resentments gone, my wonderful family back and taking care of them and happiness. I am drug free, want to be drug free and have a wonderful life that I had before I started that evil addiction. I have a better life ahead of me and I want to keep it that way! Kudos to everyone who can beat the demon. Don't let those addict thoughts even get you for one minute. You turn to the angel on your shouder and say...I'm with you kid.

Stay strong and Love you all and all your support!
Old 03-29-2012, 10:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Nice. Thanks, Happiness

xx
Old 03-29-2012, 02:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Amen!!!
Old 03-29-2012, 02:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I Am Burning ; I Will Rise

Great post. Like you wrote it from my own mind. Fantastic!
Old 03-30-2012, 09:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

When people come to this board they are usually looking for a way out. And it means usually going through a hard withdrawl because lots of us used our money for the drugs and can no longer get medical help or treatment.

Do not be embarrased by coming here if you too hate drugs and what they have done. We have ALL been there. We just have come with different stories to tell but with the same problem.....drug addiction. Each of us KNOWS how to be a better a person, we all were mostly likely brought up with great families and friends. The drug caused our thinking to change and we became people we didn't want to be anymore.

Don't be afraid to get and stay clean...the longer you go the better you will be. Life life on your terms...not the drug. I pray every day to not do drugs and to have courage to fight my addiction.

Love this board!
Old 04-09-2012, 09:24 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by likehappiness View Post
I absolutely hate drugs. I realized that they can be good and save lives after all I am a nurse. But I hate the fact that they can be addictive and cost people's lives.

I realize that we choose to take the drugs but it they just *&^^ me off. The withdrawl was awful and for some of us it didn't take much for us to get addicted. I am a nurse and know that some drugs are meant for good and for those I am happy to have for the right purpose. Dang....an addicts mind because we got a high off of that one drug.

Lives get shattered by resentment, anger, depression, discouragement, hopelessness, the false sense of happiness, secrets and the list goes on. It causes us to become liars and theives and to turn against and say terrible things to the people that love us the most. They want to offer help and we turn our backs on them for that stupid drug. After a while that drug doesn't even give us what we want....just despair and a crappy lifestyle.

I am done with that. I want my resentments gone, my wonderful family back and taking care of them and happiness. I am drug free, want to be drug free and have a wonderful life that I had before I started that evil addiction. I have a better life ahead of me and I want to keep it that way! Kudos to everyone who can beat the demon. Don't let those addict thoughts even get you for one minute. You turn to the angel on your shouder and say...I'm with you kid.

Stay strong and Love you all and all your support!
Wow! After reading your post, I had to look to make sure I wasn't the one who wrote it. You wrote my sentiments, exactly!
Thanx for your post!
Old 04-09-2012, 09:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Not again

Good now that you all got that off your chest, what are you gonna do about.
Please keep in mind that ANY resentment is not good, no matter who or what it is related to. Try to practice indifference, the "love affair' is over, time to move on.
If you focus on hating drugs, you are still focusing on drugs. And we usually go in the direction we are looking.

Larry

PS. FYI The original post hit close to home, but I refuse to go there.