Notices

please help.... i need advice

Old 03-11-2012, 08:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

please help.... i need advice

I married my husband 2 years ago and did not know about his crack addiction until after we were married. He has stolen anything of value including cash over the past 2 years. He promises me each time he goes on a binge that it will be the last. This last time he left 9 days ago and hasn't returned. He has never been gone this long before. A year ago he moved us to state where I have no family or friends. I don't know if we have been abandoned or not. I love him so much but his addiction is killing our family and I don't think he sees that. Any advice? Please help
Old 03-11-2012, 09:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, azwife. We all love our addicts in our lives, but we cannot 'love them out of their addictions'. His drug, crack in this case, is the love of his life right now, not your and not his family. Please read the stickys in this forum, and the ones in the Friends and Family of Substance Abusers Forum. He will continue to use, continue to make promises, continue to steal, use, make promises, disappear, use ..... you already know the pattern that is your life right now.

If he's been in active addiction since you've been married, been stealing cash and anything of value, and disappearing for days at a time, then it sounds to me like he's never really been there for you at all. Yes, you have been abandoned in many ways, and it's time you start taking care of yourself. If you can locate a nar-anon or al-anon meeting close by, please give them a call, as they can offer you a lot of insight.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I think you should consider moving your post to "friends & family of substance abusers" as you may get a better response there.