Notices

Happy Birthday

Old 03-07-2012, 08:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday

So I am making breakfast, enjoying my Birthday morning with my wife, dogs. Even my mother in law is here. My body is moving with a fluid motion, grabbing eggs from the fridge, apples here, honey there. Following my clean eating magazine with enormous focus. And I stopped. Thought about how, for the last couple of years, minus a few instances here and there. I had been living and learning. Thought about the man I am today because of "what I came through" instead of looking at it as "what I did so horribly wrong to myself and everyone around me.

Then a Happy Birthday email from Sober Recovery came thru. Timing could have not been more perfect. I logged on, my last post was 7-26-2007. The days that led to months that led to years to follow have had their moments. But everytime life has thrown something at me. I thought, it was coming anyway. And much better to deal with it walking upright, than being in the fetal position, with a self induced pneumonia that could kill me physically as it had already done energetically. With powder, I was just filling time. Precious time with something, not even remotely precious. Not even remotely anything. All is was....was nothing. I went back a couple of times, each lessor and lessor. Totally clean since Mar 2009. Not even an Tylenol.

So thank you Sober Recovery, you were the start that night before my last post. You were the place I ran too. But I will take some credit also, at least I typed the first words. I got it started. And if I, or we can do that. We can end up here. With eggs from the fridge and able to read lines in a mag that do not run together.

You guys taught me that if your not enough without something...you will never be enough with it.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Luweez

Happy birthday and congratulations!
Old 03-07-2012, 10:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

(((maximillion))) - Awesome post and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 03-07-2012, 10:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday maximillion! What a lovely story...Enjoy your day.

Best Wishes To You!
Old 03-07-2012, 10:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I Am Burning ; I Will Rise

Happy Birthday!! Very inspirational. Awesome post, hope you continue to have a great day!