Notices

Dxm?

Old 02-28-2012, 10:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Dxm?

I am a bit nervous to post this, but I am going for it. Is there anyone here that struggles with DXM abuse? Robotussin/CCC's? I have been doing it for only a month, and I feel like it has become my greatest addiction. I always thought that alcohol,marijuana, and ecstasy were my Drugs of choice, but ever since that first time doing DXM, it has overpowered my life. I am just wondering if there is anyone out there who has dealt with this addiction? it is insanely new to me and I'm not sure about it, in any way, shape or form, I just know I am POWERLESS over the addiction. I am 4 days clean, and I want to keep adding the days, because even though I may be an emotional wreck off of it, I was emotionally numb and just GONE on it. any imput would be appreciated. Thank you for reading.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

whether it's DXM, meth, coke, oxy's, or booze ....when the bottle is empty and the hopelessness creeps in and there's nothing left of your soul, the desire to get sober is always the same no matter what the addiction cause is.

the only thing you have to have is a desire to be sober more than you want to be high. the first few weeks are hard, but if you lock in here and keep yourself busy, the urges do go away and life gets better.

hang in there.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

RobinLee....You need to quit that combination now. This is very, very bad. One of my son's friends was addicted to robo tripping and it has absolutely ruined his brain. He is now a very different young man who went from being a awesome athlete to having memory impairment, slow cognitive functioning, inability to stay focused and the saddest thing is that he just plain doesn't "look right". He knows that he has permanently screwed himself up with his robo tripping and he would tell anyone to stop doing it.

Robo tripping causes black outs and alot of time people have no memoty of what they have done for 8-24 hours. Where I live, a young man shot his best friend and killed him and didn't even know it and then was told about after he finally "came to" in jail.

Please stay sober....cause you have family and friends who love you.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

YES. You are not alone. I am so glad you shared. I am someone who has abused dxm. It feels like a "free" high but it's still escaping reality and God only knows what is could be doing to our brains and bodies because "they" haven't done enough studies on it yet. I think more adults are not fessing up to abusing this drug because it's embarassing. But dxm is a strong disassoctive and for those of us that love the feeling of not feeling it's perfect for abusing. I am so proud of you. 4 days off dxm. Please pm me anytime as I also struggle with this and it's rare to find others who fess up to this problem otc drug. You can also look up other stories on Erowid DXM (Dextromethorphan, DM) Vault.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Robinlee....hope you are doing okay. You know, it doesn't matter what drug you used because we are all addicts and liked SOMETHING. Bad thing is your drug of choice (DOC) is really easy to get a hold of.

We all have that one drug or alcohol that we just love and makes us feel great. Now it's a matter of not abusing the drug and staying away from it.

Post so we know you are doing okay.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

thank you all SO much for your replies....i have managed to stay sober since i posted this. you all are so helpful, and i appreciate the honest responses.