Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Drug Addiction > Substance Abuse
Reload this Page >

Hen House Talk with all our Friends - Part 25:)

Notices

Old 02-27-2012, 09:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Here's the old one

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-24-a-20.html

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 02-27-2012, 11:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

(((Amy))) Thanks for the new thread. I own a 65 Mustang in the 70‘s, nothing to write home about. It had a six cylinder 3 speed, all beat up. But, once again as I did with my 57 Chevy I didn’t know the future value of these cars and sold them for practically nothing. Always like to hear how your day of church went. It’s a day of worship and you have some very close friends and always enjoy your stories.

Hugs
TB
Old 02-27-2012, 11:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Making A Difference

((TB)) You’re so right about the insurance costs. So many folks never think about that till it’s too late. Not to mention license’s, taxes. Back when I got my performance cars I found that out. I also kept hearing when you turn 25 your rates will go down, Yea Right, not. I guess there are 2 cars I had that I would like to have back. The 65 Mustang Convertible and 79 10th Anniversary T/A. The Mustang was baby blue, dark blue interior, white top. It had the 200cid 6 cyl. That little car was a dream, nothing like dropping the top and going for a ride. Ran for ever on gas. But even then it would be hard to keep them. Would more than likely sell them to pay off all of our debits. Or pay them down farther any way.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

back in the 80's, my sister owned a 65&1/2 mustang with pony seats! it broke down, she let some fool drive it and wreck it, and she sold it to a vulture who offered her some insane price for it, like 200$, or something. it is probably restored and worth a lot more now. it sucks to be poor......
Old 02-27-2012, 06:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I had a 71 Camaro (yellow) with 2 black stripes over the trunk and over the hood and cowel induction scoop. (black interior)
I think it was about a 350-375hp (350cid)

I ran it into a pole and that was the end of my Camaro.
I would like to have another one some day
Old 02-27-2012, 07:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Checkin in.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

(((Jay))) - hope things are going okay for you?

Not a muscle car, or anything special, but my mom had a 1976 Buick Skyhawk with a glass roof. There were only 6 made in this state. Unfortunately, it disappeared when I left my house for crack...I'd constantly had people wanting to buy it

Got through my two meetings, not much help from the other 2 members, we got to a "stuck" part, and just called it quits after 1-1/2...will have to work on it through e-mail.

Dad gut us our grilled chicken and the dog and cats have thoroughly enjoyed it, I've had one bite. Just not hungry, stressed about this school stuff, but am taking a break then will get back to it. I have a 97 avg in that class, room to screw up, just don't want it to affect K. The other 2? I've been helping T2, but I'm done..got enough going on with my own stuff.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 02-28-2012, 12:03 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

I was cleaning the boys crates and their room up till late last night. I spent a lot of time outside in the yard with Maria hunting bugs for her to eat this evening. So I didn't get a chance to post until now.

Lenina: That XH of mine was a real winner. If I hadn't of been so scared of him seriously hurting me. I'd been all over his ass. Plus he had threatened me one time after knocking me off the porch. I got up and he told me, "If I call the police he'll get a knife and cut himself. Then tell the cops I did it". I couldn't afford to be arrested on a domestic abuse case. I would have been kicked out of the Army N.G. He knew this and used it as a hold over keeping me on a leash per se. He was so mental. He threatened to move out into the trailer across the field that was my grandmothers. (This is the trailer we lived in when we first moved back from WI. Then we bought the house we were living in at the time. These were both on 4 acres.) I told him I would burn it down before I'd let him move that close to me. He instantly turned around and said, "So you would burn the trailer down with me in it"? NOT what I said! But that's his story and he's stuck to it. (He bought the property from me when we divorced).

The one time I think he was worried about me really going off on him was when he had picked up my little silkie hen and drew back with her in his hand to throw her across the living room. The look I gave him was enough to make him stop. Then I slowly said, "If you have any good sense about yourself. You'll gently set her back on the floor". I guess he knew I was getting ready to tear him apart, because he set her down and walked off.

I knew you had one spoon already and was working on getting more. LOL I bet you didn't realize just how much of a task it was going to turn into? As for Fuzzy kittie. Get you a bungie rope. Get a few Peacock feathers from the pet store. Tie them to one end of the bungie rope and the other end to something that lets them hang down. He'll have a ball playing with them.

Amy: Sounds like you and dad are having a nice time together with the other two gone. I'm happy for the both of you. Tell dad we said HELLO!!!!! Out of curiosity? Do you think Brat came by for a visit for one day since she knows SM has pain meds? Kind of strange she came for such a short visit.

TB: Jethro told me about the screw up on his post. Him saying we had that car. I can just picture your amazed expression. LOL He says he's never going to let me drive a muscle car. BS! I've driven all sorts of vehicles, including Army Hummers, (which are a blast to drive). I had a task of driving a CPT around in one for two weekends while he was observing Howitzer's, (Tanks), doing their tasks. He pointed in a direction to go. I got half way across this open space and he told me to stop. So I did. Since there was 10 inches of snow on the ground. I didn't realize I had stopped on top of black sand. All four tires sunk into it. I was stuck. I told the CPT this. He got out walked all around the Hummer and then came up to my window. He said, "Sarge! I think we're stuck". I said, "Well NO shitt - SIR"! Then we started laughing. Oh the stories I could tell. LOL

Jayson: Thanks for letting us know you are still breathing.

Joe: How is your cold? Did you get your BIG tractor fixed? How are you doing?

Well tomorrow is the BIG court day. I got Jethro's facial hair trimmed up to make him look a little better. LOL I'm going to tackle my bangs here in a little while too. My sister sent me her latest update on dates and events that she's bringing to her attorney tomorrow. We have storms moving in tomorrow afternoon. I hope we are out of the hearing before they hit. Will need to get Jethro home to keep Little Maria settled down from fear of the storms.

Love ya'll
TOD
Old 02-28-2012, 12:59 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Making A Difference

((Jay)) Good to see you again. Hope you’re doing great.

((Amy)) I know you can get through it. I have faith in your ability’s. Great you and dad had a good dinner. A little bonding time, good deal.

((TB)) Let’s see Tod has gotten a HUMMER STUCK! A hummer. Put a motor in her car. It spun #3 rod bearing. She thinks I’m going to let her drive a muscle car? NOT!!
Tomorrow is going to be interesting to say the least. Also we have possible T-storms. Rerun (aka Maria) isn’t going to be a happy camper at all. Wonder if I can take her with us? Now that would be a sight. I hear a little Monty Python’s their coming to take me away ha ha, their coming to take me away. LOL.

We started taking out that flooring this afternoon at my folks house. We got about 2/3’s of the bed room done. I brought home a big trunk load of 4’ and under stuff. So much for cleaning out my shop.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:46 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hmmmmmmmmmmm! I see Jethro failed to mention HE ALSO drives MY car, before the rod problem.

And as far as the HUMMER is concerned. I WAS FOLLOWING ORDERS! Something Jethro has a BIG problem doing. Must be something to do with that Italian blood he has running thru his veins! LOL Or is the Spanish blood running thru him? Either or can be bad business in Jethro!

TOD

Love ya Honey!
Old 02-28-2012, 12:35 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I've been busy with school stuff. We FINALLY got the stuff turned in for the team project, now trying to catch up on the other 3 classes.

(((TOD))) - I really don't think that's why the brat came home. Stepmom ALWAYS has pain pills, the brat's bf is NOT a fan of her being under the influence of anything, I think it was just spending time with stepmom, showing dad she can follow through on ONE thing she says, and then back to her world.

Dad told me, earlier, that it appears they may have mis-diagnosed stepmom's BIL, and he may NOT have cancer? I haven't talked to her, really don't want to hear her voice, but will send her a text.

I had decided I was not going to help out the one classmate (T2), but after talking to her, I did. She's 33, has a world of stuff going on (like she's trying to do assignments and is taking care of 3 small kids at the same time...no internet at home). I gave her a pep talk, some reassurance, told her I missed 200 points in 2 different classes last semester and still came out with a B in both. Though she doesn't understand what we're doing on the team project right now? I didn't understand nursing either, but it slowly clicked.

She is very appreciative and has helped me out on some things, so I'm okay with that. Also e-mailed T1 some info on a test..she's trying to work AND take care of her sick sister AND everything else.

Dad won't be home until after midnight, so will probably be asleep. At least I'd better have all assignments turned in. I have a quandry on one..as a NURSE, I know the procedure is "medically necessary" but I can't find the qualifying thing that makes it in one of the two lists. My instructor knows I was a nurse (she's the same one we have the team thing) and I'm just going to tell her that my nursing background says this IS medically necessary, and if I'm wrong..count off the points. I think this is something I'm going to have to work out as time goes on.

Got a great music video from my "fella", though we are NOT an item, we are taking things slow. Funny how he can pick out music from "the old days" that I absolutely LOVE!!!!! Gonna crank it up, do a little dancing, then get back to school work

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 02-28-2012, 04:40 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Look at (((amy)))cutting a rug. thought i would throw that saying in there for the youngun here, as it is so old, it might sound new and cool...heehee

boy, i sure miss some hens around the hen house..

that windy san, he is funny. i went back and read some of his posts. and he can actually write more than three word sentences! he is very witty, but one of the threads was about p--p, and i cant believe i read the whole thing. sound familiar to anyone???

glad to hear from (((TOD)))finally. i think (((JTM)))might have had her tied up in the hen house. she is out on good behavior..lol!love ya tod!

(((TB))) i am still working on my painting. there are about five million details in this thing, and i am a perfectionist, and it makes me crazy. while i am a perfectionist, i am not talented enough to reach my own standards..hahahaso, it might be another year or so, hope not. i wanted to find the picture to show you, as it is a photo from an arizona magazine. from an article on a ghost town. a cool picture of an abandoned sewing room, with an old singer machine, a rotten floor, and two bottles in the window that for the life of me, i cant make look like amber glass!!!!!!!!but i wont quit till i like it enough. i really love painting, it is so neat to escape that way.

what is new with everyone?
for what it is worth, (((JTM))), i knew that you did not mean it was your car. i say things like that , like here is my man, Jackson Browne, even tho we all know that i am out of his league lol! i guess I talk Jethroese too..;

(((TPA))) how is your head sweetie? are you doing ok today? I know you are sad, and I am thinking of you...

love
chicory
Old 02-28-2012, 08:15 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

(((Chicory))) - you are right...(((Windy))) can say more in the fewest amount of words than anyone else I know Me? I'm chatty cathy

Good luck on your painting, I totally get the perfectionist thing but OMG, I am constantly telling my classmates T1, and T2, JUST DO YOUR BEST...LET IT GO!

Wow, guess recovery has taught me a few things? I did help out T2, she's just got a lot of stuff going on , and I was glad to help. She told me she says "thank you God for Amy" at least once a day...awwww. I taught her about "paying it forward". Wow, no addiction involved in her life, but MY recovery may help her? Amazing.

I did answer the phone when stepmom called. Put the phone to Tinker's ear so she could talk to her and Tinker had this WTF? look Conversation turned to the brat. It's not what she said, exactly, but apparently I am NOT the brat's favorite person. She's gotten all cozy with my local stepsister, the one who gives her money, nice jewelry, etc., the one that feels like dad/stepmom...."awww, poor baby, she's had such a rough life".

BS. I think of (((Jay)))) - his life has been WAY harder than the brat's and I'm just not going there. I set boundaries, I let her deal with consequences, and from what I gathered, she does NOT love me. I feel different. Stepmom says that "maybe in a few years you guys will be okay". Well guess what. *I* am going to be okay, TODAY!

Yes, I messed up...a lot. Yes, I was not there for her for a few years, but it wouldn't have mattered because anything I tried to do to get her out of codie-ville, dad/stepmom undid.

I am who I am...take it or leave it. I love her dearly, but she has her own path to walk. I'm the "enemy" because the rest of the family babies her. Tough shitt. I have other "my kids" who are doing good, despite some really bad stuff. (((Jay))) is one of them.

Dont' get me wrong..I hate that her mom died in a car wreck, I hate that her dad is nothing but a sperm donor who is addicted to "more, more, more" and is back in prison. She wants to claim she's grown? Then act like it.

Rant over

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 02-28-2012, 08:34 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

snow snow snow ........but spring is on it's way

If I had known the powerful impact turning my will and life over to the care of God would have, I would have done it years ago.

truth is, I'm not sure i would have, I am very stubborn and think I have a "better way"
I think, I needed to be brought to a very dark place in my life to teach me a that I was on the wrong road.
I NEVER want to go there again, and I mean NEVER!

Im very grateful for God in my life!
Old 02-28-2012, 08:38 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I wouldnt listen to anything that anyone says, about how much Brit cares. She obviously loves you (((Amy))), this will pass, she will grow up some day. at her age, she can go from hating one minute to love the next. teen girls..

your school mates are very lucky to have you , and so are we. Blessed is what we are. Someday these stressors will be in the past. you will probably have new ones. but i liked what someone said on their signature-It isnt the strong who survive, or the smartest, but the one who adapts well to change. that is so true! i am learning that in a big situation at work. there are many ways to adapt, too.not always the way we would have chosen, but tough times are good teachers. hang in there sweetness! this will pass.

love ya
Old 02-28-2012, 08:49 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

(((Joe))) - as one who wished I'd "gotten" recoery a few decades ago, I understand Good thing is, we have a lot of life left (I HOPE!!!) and it can be a good life.

(((Chicory))) - I'm tending to go with what my gut says. Yes, stepmom and the brat are enmeshed, but if the best I can be is an example of how to do life right? I can deal with that. We were sooo close, the other night when she was home, and I know her..it was genuine. I really do think my stepmom feels threatened by me, that maybe the brat will love me more, so I'm not giving much thought to that. They can be sick, I can NOT be. I am trying not to be what someone ELSE wants/needs, but focus on what I need.

Don't like it? deal with it

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 02-28-2012, 09:13 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Making A Difference

((Amy)) The no cancer is good news. I think you did a good thing helping classmate T2. Sounds like your previous training is coming in handy again. Can you reapply for your nursing license at a later date and time? Refresher course added? Sometimes a little good music can get you going again.

You’re a strong person, your strength and compassion will help get you throw things. The brat will change her way of thinking in due time. My own daughter has / is changing her way of thinking. The older she gets.

((Chicory)) Is that good bad behavior? LOL. Being a perfectionist can be a good and bad thing in my opinion. By that I mean taking something’s way too far. You wind up driving yourself nuts. Take a little break and the answer is so simple.

Thanks for the kind words on the car. I saw that mess up and went into OMG mode. When I mess up I admit it. When I don’t know I say so.

((Joe)) He is the way the truth and the light. His light has guided me many times and I know he will continue to do it. Even when I’m not where I shouldn’t be. That light will guide me back to where I should be. So I know he will do the same for you. His guiding light has taken you out of that darkness.

The weather is changing; I’m starting to crawl the walls. I feel Lenina must be feeling the same.

Well court did and didn’t go good. But the boy did get placed in to mandatory counseling he needed. Daddy can’t change that one. The judge did and didn’t listen to all the information that could have been presented. Yes, I did get thrown out of the court room with the witness thing. Both ex hubby and evil sister in law gave us go to hell looks. I just kept smiling at them, even waved bye at them when we left. They just loved that, you could that by the looks we got.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:14 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Making A Difference

It’s 12:10am. Been watching the weather radar on and off. Just north, northwest of Springfield Mo don’t look real good. I’ve seen at least one text book hook echo. Seen about 3 other areas that also don’t look real good either. The whole storm system is moving east northeast fast.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:33 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

(((Jethro))) - no, getting my nursing license is not an option for me. If you've read any of what ((Med)) has gone through...rehab, psychiatrist, meetings that now require skype, drug screens...all that costs money....a lot. GA is a bit stricter and more expensive. I did my time on probation...I have no desire to be under anyone's radar again. With MY state, even a benadryl (not sure about chlor-tabs) is a big no-no, and I take them like ((TOD)). It was a great career, but it is a chapter in my book of life that is closed, and I'm mostly okay with that

I'm sorry court didn't go as well as it could have. I hope the boy participates in the counseling...the brat went for a while, but she wasn't exactly honest She found out I was going to another counselor (2-3 sessions, at which time I realized my insurance, nor workmen's comp (after the 2nd robbery) covered it) and was CONVINCED my therapist was telling HER therapist things and she just quit going.

I have a friend here who I sent my resume to. He can do a background check through his business (I KNOW what my official rap sheet shows...DUI 1994, Probation violation 2005) but not sure if the POV will show up). His wife is a nurse, I'm trying to go for a caregiver job (thanks to some really good input from ((Laurie)) ) and she is going over my resume. Damn...totally amazed at people willing to help me on things.

T1 has been offered 2 school jobs like ((Jay)) has, but is turning them down as she can't afford a 20-hour job compared to a 40-hour one that she has (and hates). I'm going to fill out the app, even though no jobs show up, I don't have the expertise she has with the Office programs, but maybe I'll luck out?

Just re-checked motels that allow pets, as my backup plan. I would probably only take Elvis, come back and get Mots, but Patches is pretty much a loner cat, Patches would be okay...kind of antisocial, but in the long run....they're all going where I go, and they will just have to get used to being indoor cats.

I know I'm just taking baby steps, but at least I'm doing that

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 02-28-2012, 10:46 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Making A Difference

((Amy)) Yes, I read what med posted. I was just wondering if at a later time and date you might consider looking into it. Just a thought. Caregiver is what my daughter does. A lot of people out there are very willing to help out. The LORD will send folks to you and likewise HE will send you to people also. He helped me and sent people to me that helped. HE also sent me to help people. I feel my past helped my SIL and her guy today. You would think I learned something after being in and out of court 13 or 14 times in 12 years.