Notices

Scared and need help

Old 02-26-2012, 11:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Scared and need help

I hope somebody is out there to read this and talk to me. I am new here and I am addicted to Vicodin. I have been taking them since Aug and I am a medical Assistant in the medical field. Last week I made a bad choice and for the first time in my life did something illegal and called in a fake Rx to a pharmacy I picked it up and then I did it again and tried to call in a refill. the pharmacy said they didnt feel comfortable filling it and asked for the DEA number which I didnt have. I lied and said I would have the doctor fax the Rx to them. I need help. I have been told that I wouldnt be here asking for help if I wasnt afriad that I just got caught and they may be true. It took this to make me really see I have a problem. I just dont know what to do from here. I want help and I dont want to go to jail and lose my son. I am a single mom with no family. is anybody out there who has gone through this or knows somebody who has gone through this? anybody who can ust talk to me while I am in a panic?
Old 02-26-2012, 05:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm new to the forum and can't offer much advise. I am a good listener though.
Old 02-26-2012, 05:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome scared, this is a great way to start recovery, admitting you have a problem, and reaching out for help. You really have to want this because it won't be easy for at least a week or two, depending on how much and how long you've been using. If you can get time off from work for the first week would be ideal and someone to help out with you child.

Hope for the best and prepare for the worst. Ibuprophin for aches and pains, Imodium for the runs, keep hydrated with liquids, gatorade is great for that. Eat light meals. The worst will be the insomnia and lethargy. Sleep when you can the more you stress it the worse it gets, at least for me it was.

If you can see a doctor and be honest, you may have other options.

Best of luck, keep reading all posts on this site and post whenever you have any questions. We've all been there.
Old 02-27-2012, 03:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I also used to write my own scripts and know the fear of getting caught. All you can do is wait and see maybe the pharmasist will follow through maybe he wont.(all 5 times I got caught they didnt but you never know) the only thing you can do is get clean so if need be you can pass a test.You never have to do this or feel this again.Go to a meeting find someone to talk to f2f and post here . I would post the more personal stuff till you get to know the people at the meetings.

P.S. there are meetings that you can bring your kids to if necessary

P.S.S. Good luck
Old 02-27-2012, 06:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
One day at a time!

Originally Posted by scaredneedhelp View Post
I hope somebody is out there to read this and talk to me. I am new here and I am addicted to Vicodin. I have been taking them since Aug and I am a medical Assistant in the medical field. Last week I made a bad choice and for the first time in my life did something illegal and called in a fake Rx to a pharmacy I picked it up and then I did it again and tried to call in a refill. the pharmacy said they didnt feel comfortable filling it and asked for the DEA number which I didnt have. I lied and said I would have the doctor fax the Rx to them. I need help. I have been told that I wouldnt be here asking for help if I wasnt afriad that I just got caught and they may be true. It took this to make me really see I have a problem. I just dont know what to do from here. I want help and I dont want to go to jail and lose my son. I am a single mom with no family. is anybody out there who has gone through this or knows somebody who has gone through this? anybody who can ust talk to me while I am in a panic?
Scaredneedhelp,
Hey there, I was also addicted to Vicodin 10-10mg daily. That's good that you can admit you have a problem. If you can take a week or two off work. Prepare yourself to be very sick. If you can go to the store and pick up some IBP, Sleep aid, Multivitamins, Imodium, these OTC drugs will help you detox from the pills. You can find more info on OTC drugs for detox on these threads. It's going to be hard keep a positive attitude. I detoxed myself and I'm on day 9 and feeling alot better now. You can do this. If the Pharmacist did catch and notified the authority's it would look a lot better on you behalf if you were clean. I have a friend who did the same thing and I believe she had to attend rehab. Be honest if you're caught and admit to them you have a problem. Keep writing back so we know how your doing. You're on the right path!
Old 02-27-2012, 07:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Oh boy do I ever know your pain. Panicking over a doctor "calling me out" on doctor shopping is what brought me here. I quickly joined NA, confessed everything to my doctor, and reached out. My DOC was vicodin too. Look at this as your "hitting bottom" and start to rise up from here.

You have been given an opportunity to change your life. As a single parent, please do it. I am in NA with a doctor and a nurse who both did exactly what you did. They are both in diversion-type programs and attend NA as part of the programs.

I suggest you go to NA and tell your doctor. I don't think I would tell the doctor about calling in your scripts (you might lose your job) but I would admit you have an addiction problem and ask for help. You don't even have to say where you got the vicodin. I am just thinking that if you get caught, you may be "excused" if you are actively working toward recovery. It's always best to tell your doctor you are detoxing and you need help because they may be able to help you through your detox.

Congrats on coming here and finding us. This is the most compassionate, wonderful group of people on the web! Stay here with us and you will thrive. Keep posting and good luck!
Old 02-27-2012, 10:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

My last pill was taken on thursday and I have yet to have withdrawal symptoms just scared out of my mind about going to jail and them taking my son away. I am going to my first NA meeting today at 12. I am so scared still and i cant stop stressing. I know what I did was wrong and I should of asked for help when it got this bad.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Scared. If you haven't had withdrawl symptoms by now you may not have had a huge tolerance because quite frankly withdrawal is hell.

So....with that in mind. Pick yourself up. Go to NA meetings and find a way to move forward. I would never tell anyone to confess to a crime without a lawyer present...just saying. I hope it all works out for you!
Old 02-28-2012, 04:11 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

"I would never tell anyone to confess to a crime without a lawyer present...just saying" I couldnt agree more

If you have not had wd yet your not going to. Take it as a gift dont look back we only have now.I understand the fear I'v been there but if you keep stressing it could cause you to use. Look you have no power over it its the past keep doing the next right thing and things will work out.
If you do get contacted by law inforcement ask for a lawyer it cant hurt. They dont automatically take your kids. If your not activly using you can get past this if you are then all the stuff your afraid of could happen. Try to keep your head up this could be a good thing
Old 02-28-2012, 05:03 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

4 pages (maybe 5 by now) in the Newcomers Forum regarding the problem you had
OP. I truly hope you managed to not get in any trouble doing this and won't attempt
it again.