Notices

7 days clean and counting!

Old 02-25-2012, 10:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
One day at a time!

Talking 7 days clean and counting!

Hey everyone it's been awhile sinse I've posted so I decided to start a new thread and let you all know how I'm doing. I was taking 9-12 10mg Vicodin's a day. If I couldn't get Vicodin I would get Oxycontin 40mg and take 2-3 a day. If I couldn't get those I would get anything I could find. I'm on day 7 of my detox and feel pretty good. I still have diarrhea and RLS at night but nothing serious. No cravings at all. Everyone who posted on my thread "home detoxing from opiates", I greatly appreciate all the advice and support. If it wasn't for this site and the kind informative people here I probably wouldn't be writing this today. I just want everyone to know that it is possible if you stick to your plan and keep a positive attitude. If your doing a home detox prepare yourself first and have a good support system backing you up. If you don't have family create a thread and we'll be your support. There's many good threads here with information regarding which OTC medicines you can take to help get through your detox. There is hope.

As for me now I'm going to wait another week and will be going back to work. I told my boss that I needed time off to get better but I didn't explain it in details. I'm clean from pills but will probably still pee dirty for Marijuana. I'm hoping they won't test me when I go back to work. It's a small company so I'm doubtful they will. I guess i'll find out. Everyone stay strong! I'll keep checking back periodically.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Click...I am sooo glad to hear from you and glad that you made it over the hump. Great for you on day 7! Awesome. It will just get better from here on in. You may have using dreams and your head will screw with you at times but stay strong and try to remember the hell you went through to get there!

CONGRATS!
Old 02-27-2012, 10:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Stay Strong and keep hope Click! Congrats on your week!!
Old 02-27-2012, 10:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Click, that's awesome. I was telling my husband about you today. For some reason you keep popping into my mind. When that happens, I say a quick prayer for you. So are you completely off of everything, or still tapering? Remember about the diarrhea, and dehydration. Any cramping, backaches, vomiting? Sounds like you've got this covered, and nearly out of the woods with the bad part!!! Way to go!!!
Old 02-27-2012, 11:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

7 days is fantastic!
Old 02-28-2012, 05:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

so good to hear from you and terrific too that you took the time to
type out what worked for you, for the next person that comes 'round needing
help.
cheers!
Old 02-28-2012, 06:48 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
One day at a time!

Originally Posted by KuanYin View Post
Click, that's awesome. I was telling my husband about you today. For some reason you keep popping into my mind. When that happens, I say a quick prayer for you. So are you completely off of everything, or still tapering? Remember about the diarrhea, and dehydration. Any cramping, backaches, vomiting? Sounds like you've got this covered, and nearly out of the woods with the bad part!!! Way to go!!!
Hey, I'm on day 10 now. Most of the WD symptoms are gone. Sometimes I get a little achy and weak but I'm sure that'll get better in time. No Diarrhea or cramping. I'm completely off everything. Tapering wasn't an option for me so I did this cold turkey. Thanks for praying for me. This site and my sobriety has given me hope for a much brighter future. Thanks everyone for the great reply's.
Old 02-28-2012, 09:06 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

wonderful news! thanks for sharing!
Old 02-28-2012, 10:46 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

CONGRATULATIONS!!! keep up the great work!!!!!!!!
Old 02-28-2012, 12:58 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Congrats Click!!
Old 02-29-2012, 12:38 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Congraulations Click!

I am very happy for you and your success!
Old 03-01-2012, 10:52 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
I Am Burning ; I Will Rise

Tomorrow will be 7 days for me. It's a world of difference from even 3 days. Great job.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:32 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Great to hear Click! Keep us posted, you're in lots of thoughts and prayers.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:02 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I'm proud of you - good share
Old 03-03-2012, 07:56 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hey Click are you at two Weeks yet? I was just wondering and thought you should be pretty close. Hope you are doing okay! I am at 1 1/2 months. This is my second time around. The first time I was at a year and then released. Realized what a dumbass I was. Cold Turkey'd the second time and am back to here...thank god.

You have a great day! Get a plan...stick to the plan and keep it simple. Don't use drugs and don't drink. Sounds easy...sometimes NOT so much.