Notices

sitting on my hands...

Old 02-23-2012, 12:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

sitting on my hands...

So this isn't my first time getting off of heroin, but I have to say that the cravings I'm having this time are the worst I've ever had. I've called as many people in my support group as I can, talked to my counselor, and I'm on a waiting list for the vivtrol shot... I'm going to a meeting in an hour with my sponsor and I'm just really really trying to fight through this... intense opiate cravings, its debilitating and excruciatingly brutal...

How do you guys deal with your cravings? I'm afraid to even leave the house because even beer would suffice at this point and I don't even want to drink or am a drinker.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome Sasha,

I don't know if you are able to get physical, but if you are, try going for a walk or run. Exercise helps out with the dopamine amt in our brains. Hope that helps, praying for you, you can do this!!

~Pandie
Old 02-24-2012, 05:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Pandie is exactly right. Sitting around "jonesin" only makes things worse. If you force yourself to get exercise, it will pay in dividends!
I know because a few weeks ago I began and exercise program. The first week realy sucked but by week two, I actually WANTED to go! It was exhausting but exhilarating all at the same time. The big benefit was sleep. I stopped having the RLS and I slept through the night.
By week two, I also began noticing the endorphins! That was nice too! After a long workout, I'd come home and kick back in my recliner. I would get a little mini rush of endorphins )
A few minutes of a comfortable "high" all without taking a pill.

Oh, and another little side benefit... My pants are starting to loosen up!