Notices

Home detox

Old 02-21-2012, 06:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Home detox

Ive been in the wrong forum for a week or sooo, but I am (was) yeah WAS a drug dumpster. But- lately its been OPIATES, banging them up,... Me and my girlfriend- we want our relationship to LAST THRU THIS, so we are weaning ourself slowly- and getting close enough to start trying to find NA meetings to attend.. Im having a rough time coming to reality that THIS IS GONNA END, so whats the best way?? Went off for few days, and got SUPER SICK AND WALKED THRU HELL.. So from 12MG of Diuladid each day, down to 2-3MG a day for a week or two isnt that bad is it?? One more week, or half a week-- goin to suboxene strips for a week.. Any more or less suggestions will help, thank you, and im SOOO HAPPY to find a place like this... LOVE IT!!
Old 02-21-2012, 07:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR WHO!

There is a lot of support and compassion here

~Pandie
Old 02-22-2012, 10:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by WHOamInow View Post
Ive been in the wrong forum for a week or sooo, but I am (was) yeah WAS a drug dumpster. But- lately its been OPIATES, banging them up,... Me and my girlfriend- we want our relationship to LAST THRU THIS, so we are weaning ourself slowly- and getting close enough to start trying to find NA meetings to attend.. Im having a rough time coming to reality that THIS IS GONNA END, so whats the best way?? Went off for few days, and got SUPER SICK AND WALKED THRU HELL.. So from 12MG of Diuladid each day, down to 2-3MG a day for a week or two isnt that bad is it?? One more week, or half a week-- goin to suboxene strips for a week.. Any more or less suggestions will help, thank you, and im SOOO HAPPY to find a place like this... LOVE IT!!
You're in a good place at this forum! You've made a good choice to seek help, and to acknowledge wanting to stop. I have never been an addict, but I have a 26 year old son who has injected oxys (and everything else) for the past 6 years. I was with him through all sorts of attempts at rehab, etc. I also worked as a substance abuse counselor for a few years, and as a methadone counselor. That said, detoxing at home is difficult, from what I've seen. May I ask how long you have been injecting opiates? And if you've been using benzo's with them (xanax, k-pins, valium) with them, especially in large quantities, detoxing from them puts you at risk of seizure. When the vomiting and diarrhea starts, you're going to need to be careful about staying hydrated, which is why most people detox in an inpatient setting.

I wish you the very best, and I'll be glad to provide any information I can for you.
Old 02-22-2012, 04:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have had a seizure condition (due to head injury) for past 6 years.. I have had seizures in the past while doing or being around COCAINE and OXYCONTIN. But its been about 8 months since i had a seizure, due to DEHYDRATION. i take daily meds for that condition. I dont and have never been really fond of drinking alcohol- just filled in that void with marijuana. I have been banging up for about 3 months now. As far as mixing uppers and downers-- I DONT DO THAT. I have never liked Xanax. I also heard ALOT of ppl OD and die over doing ROXIES or PAIN PILLS, then taking a xanax or two to get sleep.. THIS IS VERY HARD FOR ME THOUGH!
Old 02-22-2012, 08:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes, people do die from mixing opiates, benzos, especially add methadone to that mix, and that's a deadly recipe. I don't know how my son is still alive. That's a good thing that you don't like xanax, and that alcohol is not an issue for you. If you can prepare yourself mentally for what's to come, then you can do anything you put your mind to. There's a guy on another thread right here who is detoxing at home, and is on day 4 I believe, and so far so good. Most people experience really bad diarrhea, and vomiting, so having immodium on hand in advance (so you don't have to run out to the store to get it) will help, as well as having plenty of liquids, gatorade, sprite, gingerale, (I'm a firm beliver in chicken soup!), whatever you can keep down for 4 to 7 days or so. It all depends on the person. A lot of people recommend having advil on hand for the headache, and in general aches and pains. Oh, the backache! I haven't heard of anyone yet going through wd who hasn't had a backache. Maybe there has been, but if so, I haven't heard. Expect fatigue, lethargy, depression, brain playing tricks on you telling you to forget this $h!t and go back and use and feel better, but don't listen to it. If you are committed, you will do it. I'll keep you in my prayers, I'd love to see you succeed! Please keep us posted on your and your gf's progress! ****{hugs}}}
Old 02-23-2012, 10:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

thank you-- you sound real INFORMED (full of info) on this subject, sorry u had to go thru it with your son, instead of reading a book about it..
Old 02-24-2012, 01:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey Man, glad you found the right site. Take care.
Old 02-24-2012, 03:24 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Heathen

Welcome.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:50 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Are you both going to do suboxone ? doing this through a doctor/clinic , or off the streets? (not judging, just asking, my AS has done 'bout everything!)

From what you've said, you have a pretty good plan to detox, but fighting the cravings afterwards....I'm not sure people actually realize just how powerful these cravings can be. Thinking of and listing 'triggers' , things that you associate with using might also be a good idea . For my AS, his biggest trigger was always a paycheck (when he worked long enough to get one) or just cash. Money = drugs to him. Have you thought about hanging out with a different crowd of people, non-users, after you quit? A good place to meet some (might???) be at a place like NA. Just a thought. Keep us posted on your progress!
Old 02-28-2012, 12:47 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

MONEY= DRUGS to me too, sucks to be like that.. But- we are BOTH gonna do it, ON THE STREETS, due to health insurance NONE.. but we have did SUBOXENE thing b4 and stayed clean for 1.5 months, with no withdrawla feelings.. and here i am, 2 years later, in the SAME PREDICTAMENT!