Notices

New here, kinda scared

Old 02-20-2012, 04:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New here, kinda scared

I am trying to get clean off of years of use opiates, and am at the point where I feel like there may not be much hope left.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

IM IN THE SAME BOAT. I feel just like you, opiate addiction has to be the WORSE.. I have REALIZED I HAVE A PROBLEM, and started RATIONING MY PILL USEAGE-- but im new and dont feel like i can inform you anymore than that- due to me being NO BETTER THAN YOU, but im here to talk if you need some1.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you so much! I DO need to talk! I have been keeping this hidden for 10 years and it is killing me. I dont know where to start....there's so much to say....
Old 02-20-2012, 05:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

There is always hope, my son is now proof of that. Hang in there and seek the help you deserve. You are worth it!
Old 02-20-2012, 05:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

you can private message me- ANYTIME you want.. im now looking and trying to locate a NARCOTIC addict group i can try and join.. 10 years?? long time.. its been bout 3 years with pills with me.. Couldve been 10, but i always thought pills were useless, and now they are holding my LIFE hostage..
Old 02-20-2012, 05:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

There is definitely hope. WD symptoms are temporary and knowing this before you start detoxing helps a lot. I'm on Day 12 of my detox from oxycodone and am feeling pretty good. I had only been on it a year though and was up to about 50 mg a day. I did a 2-week taper and tried to keep my doses the exact same size during each day and also tried to take these equal doses every 3.5 to 4 hours. I felt the least pain when I kept things this way. I had been trying to hold on to the higher dosages. For instance, when I was down to 25 mg. I'd do 10 mg in the morning, 5 mg in the afternoon, and 10 mg at night. By the last dose of the day, I was in WDs. Once I noticed this, I broke the 25 mg up into 5 equal doses of 5 mg. This kept the WDs at bay.

You have to be ready. Even if you mess up, you can still make progress. The physical element of this isn't the worst thing I've ever experienced.

If you get through the acute phase of WDs, make sure to get some exercise to help fight off the depression that many get from PAWS. I don't have PAWS, but I hear that it can be nasty.

God speed, good luck, whatever you wish. You can do this! There is hope!
Old 02-20-2012, 05:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ctg492 View Post
There is always hope, my son is now proof of that. Hang in there and seek the help you deserve. You are worth it!
Thank you for that. I just can't feel it yet, all seems dark.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Responding to goingtokicksoon

goingtokicksoon,

Thanks for the encouragement, I have been secretly struggling with addiction for 10 years, mainly to opiates but also some benzos. I have Fibromyalgia and was given T4's, 120/month. Well at first I was using them as prescribed but then began using them for mood-enhancing instead of pain. I also have depression so I think I use them to self-medicate the depression, as the depression mess I'm in don't seem to do anything. I know that I have exhausted all my resources at this point and then time has come for me to never turn back. But I don't know how to do that, because the cravings overwhelm me and I can't get perspective on how to live a life of just normal ups and downs. Any little thing seems to make me want to use, and then I start to think that there will never be anything to look forward to if I don't ever have opiates again. Crazy, I know. Iwnhave carried a lot of shame with this and know that the only way I will beat this is to have help.....I can't seem to do it by myself. But am frightened of going inpatient or even to groups because I am a treatment provider myself!!!
Old 02-20-2012, 05:45 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

WhoAMInow,
Thanks for the encouragement, I have been secretly struggling with addiction for 10 years, mainly to opiates but also some benzos. I have Fibromyalgia and was given T4's, 120/month. Well at first I was using them as prescribed but then began using them for mood-enhancing instead of pain. I also have depression so I think I use them to self-medicate the depression, as the depression mess I'm in don't seem to do anything. I know that I have exhausted all my resources at this point and then time has come for me to never turn back. But I don't know how to do that, because the cravings overwhelm me and I can't get perspective on how to live a life of just normal ups and downs. Any little thing seems to make me want to use, and then I start to think that there will never be anything to look forward to if I don't ever have opiates again. Crazy, I know. Iwnhave carried a lot of shame with this and know that the only way I will beat this is to have help.....I can't seem to do it by myself. But am frightened of going inpatient or even to groups because I am a treatment provider myself!!!
Old 02-21-2012, 04:08 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR!! Lots of hope and healing here. We have a lot in common. Feel free to PM me if you need to talk.

~Pandie
Old 02-21-2012, 06:46 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome and good for you for reaching out. That is a great first step. You've come to a great place with many understanding souls who have been where you are. Keep coming back, keep posting and tell us how you feel, what you're doing, etc. You'll find lots of support.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:15 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
One day at a time!

istherehope999, Hey there, i can relate im also trying to recover from years of opiate abuse. Im only day 4 of my detox and i can tell you that if you prepare yourself ahead time physically and mentally you can do it. I was scared to when I first came to this site. There is hope though because if i can do this you can to. Prepare urself with OTC medicines to treat the symptoms of ur detox and get rid of any opiate prescriptions or drug dealer phone numbers. OTC medicines im using are IBP, tylenol PM, Immodium(for the runs), Multi-vitamin, St. Johns wort(mood), and drink lots of fluids. Keep your head up and only worry one day at a time. Good luck with ur recovery just remember there is hope. Ill check back. Keep posting!
Old 02-21-2012, 12:57 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Istherehope and whoami,
Good for you both!! You have recognized and admitted you have a problem- that takes a lot of courage! I can tell you from experience that you have come to the right place. The people here are amazing! Take their advice and run with it. Please keep us updated on your progress. Best of luck to you both!

Click- great job on day 4!! I couldn't have typed a coherent thought on my day 4! Way to go!!