Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Drug Addiction > Substance Abuse
Reload this Page >

Need an immediate recomendation regarding a personal crisis

Notices

Old 02-18-2012, 08:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I am having a crisis with prescription amphetamines and I am wondering if anybody can point me to a good rehab center in the washington d.c./ northern virginia area that is willing to work around a 8-5ish work schedule. I currently have a temp job in a very competitive field that I would like to keep. At this point I am not ready to share too much personal information, but I know this is my last chance to get help. Help is appreciated.
Old 02-18-2012, 08:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

You mean like an outpatient program? No rehab I know of ever works around a work schedule... rehab is where you go to get away from all life stuff, its like isolation so you can focus ONLY on what you need to do to get healthy and recover from your addiction. Not work, not family, not friends. Many places don't allow phone calls even. You're not going to find a rehab like that, but an outpatient program you could probably find. I'd just do a google search like "outpatient program washington DC." Perhaps someone else will come along and point you in the right direction, I don't live anywhere near there...
Old 02-18-2012, 08:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

A halfway house is the only thing I know of that will work with those hours while living there. Otherwise a night program at an outpatient place while still living at home. In the end when you have to choose between a temp job and your life I think we know what is more important.