Notices

Wow Really?!

Old 02-13-2012, 11:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Wow Really?!

So day 5-6 I really have no idea anymore. Roxys are evil!! I feel worse today than I did day 3&4 and I am now unable to keep any food down. My wonderful husband tells me I'm needlessly punishing myself by quitting cold turkey & brings me a tall glass of apple juice and what?! A 15mg roxy out of my script. I told him to take it away and puked up the apple juice... Nerves I think. Ulgh some advice please?! I am so upset he's not be more supportive so of course I start crying and he tells me he can't handle seeing me this sick so either take the pill and see if I stop vomiting constantly or he's taking me to the hospital because then he'll know I really have the flu. Not asking for medical advice just what the hell do I say to that?????? I feel like I'm being pressured by everyone including my weak ass brain to just give up. Ughhhhhhh!!!
Old 02-13-2012, 12:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

I have zero experience with roxys and their withdrawal but I would imagine there is medically supervised detox available for it. If so, I think that might be a good route. It's the sort of thing medical professionals should handle. Not your husband. I'm sure it's very difficult for him to see you so sick......and obviously he knows what would make it better, unfortunately.

I'm sure others with some experience to share will be around soon.
Old 02-13-2012, 12:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I know its hard. Im on day 37 myself, and had bouts of nausea and sickness for the first 2 weeks. I got rid of all my pills before I started my detox because I knew my brain would convince me to take "just 1". That just 1 turns into more and more and thats how we all got here in the first place. Day 6 is a great milestone, and it really says something about your willpower that you didnt take that 15. Keep at it, youve got this, and dont get mad at your husband for doing what he thinks would help, its only natural for us guys to try to help in any way possible. Does he have any experience with the pills at all? If not then try to tell him what taking that pill would do to your recovery... restart everything all over again. Good luck, and for me posting and reading threads helped me keep my mind off the pills.
Old 02-13-2012, 12:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Good job on turning down the roxy. Mu using was alcohol and crack didn't have the same kind of withdrawals, but I just "suffered through" it. No matter what your drug of addiction was the suffering will diminish with time. You sound tough enough to do it. Congrats on the time.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks guys!! I'm currently resisting the urge to crawl my ass off the couch and punch my hubby in the stomach so he will understand this agony but I'm honestly quite fond of him most days so that might just be the withdrawals talking. Ulgh!!!! My body is on fire. Note to everyone never let yourself get to the point where you're taking 150-240 mg of oxycodon a day just to feel normal. Do the withdrawals before that point. This feeling is not worth it. I used percocet in college to keep me up to study with my roommates but nowhere near as much or for as long and I stopped cold turkey after three months of daily use and went thru 1 freaking day of hip pain. My roommates were way dope sick and I didn't understand it b/c I felt fine just itching to move around. Now this is an entirely different hell and it feels never ending. Each day feels like 10 days. Only difference is in college I smoked a little weed those couple days. I wonder if it really helps that much?! My husband has cancer and they gave him Maranol. the weed in a pill. It helped him during chemo I wonder if it will ease my pain?! I would take anything over an opiate right now . No worries of gettin hooked b/c in my old age of 26 I can't stand that stoned feeling. Maybe I'll try it to see if it can quell this never ending stomach hell. I cant keep anything down and I'm starting to get out of breath/racing heartbeat that I've read about. OMFG I would shoot myself in the foot to be over this. NO JOKE lol well maybe j/k o_O
Old 02-14-2012, 06:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I hope you're feeling better today. I could smack hubby for you - especially because he offered the roxy and not the Maranol. I mean - if you were sick to your stomach, that's just the logical choice. <--to me, of course. me me me
I have no experience with 'weed in a pill' other than a friend took it during chemo sickness. so...? yeah, I got nothing.

As far as pot goes, I'd not touch that myself though it's verrry *looks to the side* available. Reasons are - my anxiety was through the roof that first week and mentally/emotionally I was a mess. It was a thought, but I never did it...just had a gut feeling it'd make me worse. Being the sort who trusts her gut, I stayed away. I have read on SR many times of others doing it and not having any pleasant experiences. Others have. I'd not risk it when you're so close to the end of 'hell week'.

Considering the amount you were taking of oxy (this I do have plenty of experience with), I'd strongly suggest a checkup ASAP with yer doctor.

take care of you!
Old 02-14-2012, 07:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I agree with Angel. OMG I can't believe you are attempting this without a doctor's supervision. And I mean that in the kindest way. Sweetie, I'm worried about you! Be very careful of dehydration, etc. I hope you decide to see a doctor.