Notices

Finally got the courage for C/T

Old 02-13-2012, 11:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Finally got the courage for C/T

I was on here 2-3 months ago stating how I wanted off this crap. After a couple more thousand dollars + down the drain the day finally came. I had to do it. This is the single most difficult 3+ days I've ever had.

I barely have the strength to sit up and type this. Friday morning was my last significant dose...I'd been averaging on & off anywhere from 30-40 mg when I was trying to start a taper, all the way to well over 100mg. I was mostly snorting 30mg IR's. I also was getting sixty 5mg tablets legitimately from my Dr.

Stupidly I had the idea that with only about 14 5's left after I took that 30 Friday morning that would help ease things. Shows how stupid this crap can make your thinking.

Last night I got very little sleep. I couldn't even keep water down, as SEVERE nausua (?) came on by 3:00pm yesterday. I knew I would be getting dehydrated, but not necessarily the first couple of days because I had some bad fluid retention from the amount I'd been doing the last several weeks.

This morning so far I've had a few sips of water and I'm keeping it down for now, but what seems to bring on the puking is having to nearly constantly burp. Just the right burp and my stomach starts heaving very violently. I've never had such a horrible type of that occuring. Altogether, since 3:00pm yesterday it's happened four times. I haven't eaten anything since Friday and just had the little bit of water. Except for the time after drinking the water, the puking was perhaps worsened by the fact I have no gall bladder, I was puking up stomach acid & it was burning my throat too.

Can anybody tell me how long this might continue? According to one medical guide page I read, I'm already in the "second stage" of withdrawal. The puking has made my stomach so sore it's very difficult to cope with.

I could use some encouragement. I've never been so miserable in my life, but I'm hoping things will improve a bit today. Please let it be so!!
Old 02-13-2012, 11:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm day 5/6 & I can't hold anything in my stomach. Juice, Water, Crackers... Everything comes back up. I'm so sorry your feeling like that!! Its truly hell!! My heating pad has been my best friend aside from my puke bucket. Good luck!! I'm praying I'll stop feeling like I'm dying. lol