Notices

So proud today!

Old 02-08-2012, 03:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So proud today!

So today i was really overwhelmed at work & had a case of the f- its. I have been clean for 28 days today from pain pills. So i took off for a 'quick errand' from work & headed to my old hook up for just 1 pill to "get me through the day." While i was driving i had a moment of clarity (& divine intervention) and came to my senses telling myself over & over "it won't make u feel better, it will make u feel worse!" I turned the car around & came back to work. I am so happy! That was a close one. Now i'm off work in 30 minutes & its bible study tonight. I sure have a lot to be thankful for today!!
Old 02-08-2012, 03:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats! Proud of you for choosing to stay clean and healthy so you'll be happy !
Old 02-08-2012, 03:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Luweez

Be proud of yourself. I am proud of you
Old 02-08-2012, 05:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good job! Congratulations!
Old 02-08-2012, 05:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

HUGE pat on the back from me!
Old 02-08-2012, 09:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Add me to your list of admirers- GREAT job, Struggler!
Old 02-08-2012, 09:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Great job!! Beyond proud of you!!
Old 02-08-2012, 09:38 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

beauty m8
Old 02-09-2012, 06:37 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! So today is 28 days clean, except for 1 7.5 pill in a weak moment. I had such a hard time yesterday and almost went and bought, but turned around & didn't. I thought well today will be better, but I struggled today too. I wanted to use several times today but didn't. I prayed just as many times & by the grace of God I didn't give in. I sooooo tired, ya know. Weeks of strength, days of weakness, and back to strength again! My goodness, will this ever stop? When will the weeks of strength go uninterupted, by these never-ending days of weakness? On the plus side (for those of u following my "16 days roller coaster" post) I dumped my daughterpain elixer yesterday from her surgery as she is no longer in pain & on reg tylenol now. I never took any of it during the 6 days it was in the house but wanted to really bad! I can't believe I had the strength to dump it instead of keeping it for myself. I could have cud my husband was at work, but I dumped it down the drain real quick like a bandaid before I had time to think about it. So if I just did that & resisted it the whole time it was here, why do I want it so bad now?

I don't know? I used for so long, and this is the longest I've gone sober in years, but how do u get rid of that desire for any kind of mind altering substance or escape?

Thanks for listening & contests to all of u fighting the fight & winning!!
Old 02-09-2012, 06:39 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Congrats I meant, not contest lol! I have a stupid auto spell check that isn't helpful at all!
Old 02-09-2012, 06:40 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Luweez

Good for you! That was a big step. I've been really struggling with urges this week myself and I'm not sure how I have fallen but everyday is a day I'm earning my life back so I'm keeping up the fight.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:03 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

That's what keeps me going, I'll never get to where I'm going without continuing to put one foot in front of the other moving forward!! Good luck to u as well