Notices

Cheating myself?

Old 02-06-2012, 09:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cheating myself?

I'm about to take the tiniest piece of an oxy from my roommate to kill the withdrawal symptoms...not even to get high im just sick of feeling sick when i have so much to do...i know its cheating...
Old 02-06-2012, 09:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sorry, but it won't do anything for you... I know you're in pain. I was too 6 weeks ago... REAL BAD from stuff harder than oxy.
It's hard but that's why we're here to listen and help as much as we can.
If I may suggest? Go see a doctor and be 100% honest about what's going on. One doctor visit will help more than you know.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I don't have health insurance and can't find a free clinic in my area. But a lot of ppl have said seeing a dr will help so I will do what I can.
Old 02-06-2012, 11:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

A doctor can prescribe you medication to help you with your W/D symptoms.
If you cannot get to a doctor, don't worry, you won't die! It's hard and yes you're going to feel like you have the worse flu EVER!
Depending on how bad you are, you should feel better in a couple of days.
In 1 week you will have almost no physical W/D anymore. W/D is a process... Where you're brain has to get used to the fact that it has to start producing it's own chemicals again - and it take a little time.
MANY of us have been through it and yes it sucks! I won't lie to you and say it'll be easy - but nothing great in life is ever easy.
If you can get to a doctor, he/she will get you some help that will reduce the W/D symptoms and especially help with sleep.
In the mean time, keep your brain engaged!!! You won't feel like eating but you must have some nutrition! Eat bananas and eggs! Take a good multivitamin. Those 3 things will help your muscles!
We cannot provide any medical advise here *BUT* we can help talk you through this - WE ARE HERE FOR YOU!

Here's a little mental trick... Tell yourself you have the flu! Hot baths and showers will help with the muscle aches.
But again, see a doctor if it gets too bad.
Old 02-06-2012, 11:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I can't really lecture you, i just spent my weekend all kinds of ****** up but i have been back here so many times. For me withdrawing is just as much, if not more so a mental thing. You keep telling yourself you need it and you will keep on taking it. You may benefit from taking a few days off of whatever you have to get done.

When i quit drinking last month, i was violently sick for days. Couldn't eat. When i did it was just powerade and original chips. I had been tapering the oxy's so that wasn't so bad. I had got to where i wasn't even wanting them but as soon as i cave to the alcohol, all bets are off.

This is a long and bumpy road we are on. I don't consider what you are doing to be cheating, it can be dangerous to just outright stop without medical supervision. We can't give medical advice but be careful just quitting cold turkey.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks guys! I am motivated to stop but I think tapering down slowly may help because withdrawal symptoms were bad this am...didn't even want to get out of bed. I also struggle with depression and anxiety which sure doesn't help lol...i have a rx for that though. I have a dr's appt next monday so will talk to her then.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

oh and sooo tempted to drown out this with some wine but don't wasnt to trade one problem for another
Old 02-07-2012, 07:07 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hang in there Trishe, substituting one addiction for another is like changing rooms on the Titanic, the ship is still gonna sink! Someone in recovery told me that analogy and it really stuck with me . Keep coming in here, there's a lot of love here in SR.

~Pandie
Old 02-07-2012, 07:10 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

I just hope you dont do it. Thats the beast thinking, not you.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:18 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
NAIOU

Hang Tuff

Originally Posted by trishe View Post
I'm about to take the tiniest piece of an oxy from my roommate to kill the withdrawal symptoms...not even to get high im just sick of feeling sick when i have so much to do...i know its cheating...
Do what you have to do to get to the other side of this problem. 5 to 7 days and you will feel much better. Hang in there and don't give in. I know how you feel. I have detoxed from opiates way to many times. Logo