or some herbs from the drugstore`?

tell me please what to do im so ....
Old 02-06-2012, 06:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Are you taking anything?
Old 02-06-2012, 06:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

zyprexa at the moment.

but ive had a racing head from the start.
Old 02-06-2012, 06:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I think you should talk to your doctor. There are medications that could help.
Old 02-06-2012, 06:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

but ive had a racing head from the start.

sorry, it just sounded funny the way you wrote it.

I know about racing thoughts, man they can take you a mile per second through the universe and back. Just this morning I went to have my coffee and cigarette and it wasn't until I was almost done with the cigarette I realized my thoughts have been zooming from one scenario to another until I realized it and said to myself "stop". So I stop for about a good two seconds then it starts again without me even being aware until I realize what the hell am I thinking and to calm down.

I am on medication and I won't say which one because that has to be a conclusion you and your psychiatrist come to. My medication does help me, otherwise I'd be on the "highway to hell" from one emotion/thought to another.
Old 02-06-2012, 06:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

well ive tryed zyprexa , abliify ,seroquell and fluaxol.

none helped.

zyprexa helped a bit.
Old 02-06-2012, 06:50 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

what does your psychiatirst say? does he/she have any other recomendations? perhasps it's about the dosage amount?
Old 02-06-2012, 08:20 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I've had the racing thoughts before...I was diagnosed as bipolar a few years ago and they typically only happen when I'm getting a little manic-y, so our situations may be completely different. I'm on various medications for controlling the bipolar. What I try to do when my thoughts are racing like that is make a super hard conscious effort to focus on something - anything, really - a scenario in your mind of a calm place, counting backwards slowly from 100, staring at a spot on the wall and focusing all your attention there...that sometimes helps me.

All of that being said, I'd continue to address this with your doctor...it may just be that you haven't found the right meds/combination of meds yet. Are you having trouble sleeping because of this (I know my racing thoughts would cause wicked insomnia)?
Old 02-06-2012, 08:51 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi,

I'm going to give you a non-medicinal remedy, though you will need to practice it.

It's impossible to think and feel at the same time, so close your eyes, take a deep breath and then concentrate upon feeling your breathing. Concentrate upon feeling the muscle in your diaphragm that moves up and down as you breathe in and breathe out again.

In... out, in...out, in... out. Then slow-down the rate and deepen your breathing keeping your concentration upon that muscle as it goes up and down.

For those of you who are finding it difficult to find a way in to meditation because you have busy minds, this is the entry point. Keep up the concentration level and practice for longer periods.

I would wish you good luck, but all you need is perseverance...
Old 02-12-2012, 07:46 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Adipsia, that is great advice there. That technique for calming the committee in the brain is thousands of years old, and it can be found in yoga, tai chi, meditation and mindfulness. Watching our breath can lead to watching our emotions and observing them, learning which of our beliefs or ideas need to be worked on. I have so much to learn about this and about me, and it is long overdue.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:51 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I would add to Adipsia's advice that after you get that practice down, start to just watch your thoughts. A racing mind is fine, it's when we interact with those thoughts. Just watch it and when you interact with one of these thoughts, just label it "thinking" and let it go. At first you will be saying "thinking" quite a bit, but that's fine, that's the practice. I do think meditation, even for 5 minutes a day, can make a big difference. Some people it also helps to visualize their thoughts, for example as logs coming down a river. Just see them passing by. It may be difficult at first, but it will get easier. Medications can do a lot, but I've found the best treatments for my racing mind have involved therapy, meditation, reiki, exercise and eating healthy foods.