Notices

FT…Where Are You

Old 02-02-2012, 06:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

FT…Where Are You

Hey girl where are you, I haven’t seen a post from you in a while. Are you ok. Busy with school.

Since I can’t PM you for what ever reason hit me with a PM. Let me know your ok.

Anyone knows why FT hasn’t been around please PM me.

Hugs
TB
Old 02-02-2012, 07:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

She may be like me where I took ten days off to concentrate on myself...
Old 02-02-2012, 08:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I also tried to PM FailedTaper (FT) last evening, because I missed her posts. We have been kindred spirits recovering from pills/opiates on almost the exact timeframe of recovery and both about the same age (58) and female.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yeah, I've tried coaxing her on oxy thread. Telling her we need big letters like she always does. I think she is taking a break, hopefully will be back soon.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

thought you all knew but apparently not.
closed her acct near 2 weeks ago.
Just send her regular email.
hopefully she'll come back one day to the board as much ESH was shared from her.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Luweez

Hopefully. I found her posts to be sympathetic, supportive, honest and hopeful.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

No I didn’t know she closed her account.

There is the problem. Since she closed her SR account you can’t PM her.

If anyone has her email address PM me and I can give you my email address and you can pass it on to her. Just tell her its from Timebuster she will know who I am. We go back to when she first got here and am sure she wont mind you giving her my email address.

AngelwithWings, your right about her ES&H. FT has help me tremendously through her journey, writings and posts. Personaly, I would like her to stick around. It breaks my heart she is no longer here. She had alot to offer here at SR, make no mistake about it.

TB
Old 02-02-2012, 09:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks, all. I PM'd Dee, SR Moderator, earlier today to inquire about her status. I read FTs very last post here and there appeared to be some sensitivity about her comments, but I never had a problem with her candidness. I found her to be personable and very helpful to many over the past year on SR. She was very consistent and available to those in need. Like I said before, we walked the same path on the same timeframe and I will miss her.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:22 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I will miss FT as well. She helped me and so many others with her kind words of wisdom.

I wish her the best as her life continues forward without the oxy. She was a great inspiration and will truely be missed!
Old 02-02-2012, 09:19 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

She's gone? NO! I cannot believe it. I will miss her so much.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:32 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

She may have changed her PM settings, I've no idea - but FT's account is still open
People come and go here...it's a fact of SR life.

D
Old 02-02-2012, 09:34 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

(((FT))) is taking a break from SR. Whether it's permanent or not, is up to her, but I, too, have her e-mail address and though I will not give it out, I'd be glad to pass on anything to her or, if someone wants her e-mail addy, I'll let her know.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 02-02-2012, 09:38 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
stepping on my way...

boo.

I just attended my first AA meeting in my new town tonight and one of the things that inspired me to go was her post about her first meeting last week and how she was shaking so bad but still stuck through it.....

and then her sitting outside the liquor store having a break down but still avoiding picking up always pops into my head for motivation!

Awe I hope FT comes back. She was very inspirational to me and it seems many others as well........Probably just getting some "FT time"
Old 02-02-2012, 10:24 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

FT,
If you still peruse the threads here I wanted to express my sincere gratitude to you for eveything youve done for all of us. Ive seen your name on so many threads, and have read mention of you for helping almost everyone on this site. It pains me so much to know your not going to be here for however long... but know I cherish every post you made on my thread. THANK YOU FOR BEING YOU!
Old 02-03-2012, 03:31 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Oh no!!!! She was like a mentor to me and I loved her honesty! She never beat around the bush and said exactly what we needed to her, whether it was nice or not! Addicts need that. I will miss her, she will be back.
Old 02-03-2012, 06:19 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

FT please read

FT!

I hope you come back around. I loved ALL your posts, they are all sensitive, warm, and full of wisdom. You have a gift with words.

Don't let a few destroy all the good you do here. I know you have MANY more fans than detractors. Heck, even Jesus had detractors, & He was perfect!

I understand if you want some time away, but just know you are very much missed by the majority! It's funny, I was about to start a similar thread looking for you...

I hope life is treating you well
Blessings~~
Old 02-03-2012, 08:12 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

FT most certainly did ask for her acct to be deleted.
Once the mod did whatever he did to her acct, which was not deletion, her post requesting the delete was then removed.

It's best to just email her for the real explanation of why she left. There was a reason.
It wasn't because of a few detractors. She was stronger than that, as some of you know.
Old 02-06-2012, 12:36 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Can't somebody who has her email address contact her & ask her to at least read this thread?

At the very least, I think we'd all like her to read how special she is to so any of us...

Blessings~~
Old 02-06-2012, 03:08 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

(((FT)))
She has been on my mind too. I miss her. She is so gifted, and kind, and always supported me when I felt outnumbered here at times.
Sending good wishes her way, and hoping she comes back soon.
She is so dear to me.
Old 02-17-2012, 05:55 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
Originally Posted by NewAttitude View Post
Can't somebody who has her email address contact her & ask her to at least read this thread?
The impression that I got was that she's taking an extended vacation from SR, which is understandable. Seeing people continually walk off a cliff can certainly wear on you. I sent her a link to this thread, though.