My Step Two

Old 02-01-2012, 10:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My Step Two

Went to a meeting tonight and Step Two was the discussion:

Step 2: Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.

What is my concept of a Higher Power at this time? Right now I am using the group consciousness, the ocean and nature (animals, flowers, mountains, sky, and also angels and something called "god" - not sure what -"acting as if"

What would it take to allow my concept of my Higher Power to change?
Probably more willingness and practice.

Have past experiences affected my concept of a Higher Power? If so, how? Had the "mean God" religious images to overcome.

What do I hope to gain from accepting the concept of a Power greater than myself? To be able to trust and let go.

Do I sense spiritual guidance in my life? How? I have a hard time sensing it but want to so badly. And have had some big and small miracles recently.

How do I describe the Higher Power I found in Al-Anon? See above. Group consciousness as experienced in meetings.

What does “Let Go and Let God” mean to me? It means I can trust, but right now, I sometimes struggle with trust.

What does faith mean to me? It means believing in something I can't see or sense.

With whom and in what circumstances am I comfortable discussing my spiritual experiences? Most everyone if they are interested in hearing.

What might I gain from believing I could be supported and loved by a Power greater than myself? My entire world would change.

What does “came to believe” mean to me? It means I look to those who have gone before me for inspiration.

What does sanity mean to me? Ha Ha! Have no idea! Never seen it!

How has the alcoholic situation affected my sanity? My life? Oh yeah.

Have I allowed the alcoholic situation to become my Higher Power? How? Yes, because that is all I focus on and what you focus on is your higher power.

How has my thinking become distorted trying to handle the alcoholic behavior? In too many ways to list.