Notices

w/d symptom or other????

Old 02-01-2012, 03:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

w/d symptom or other????

For the last 4 years this has been troubling me. I remember when it started so well.I was just getting out of my car from lunch and this strange sensation swept accross my head starting from the base of the skull and wrapping around my head till it met in the middle of my forehead.From that point on Its hard to explain how I've felt but I'll try..It's allmost like being a little high,kinda spacey and very lethargic.My DOC at the time was norco's with a lil oxy now and then for flavor..using maybe 10 norco a day and the occasional oxy..The thing is I'm fairly certain I was high when this happend which makes me question this as a w/d symptom..Has anyone else had a similar effect?
Old 02-01-2012, 04:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sounds like it could be more like a medical problem, doesnt sound like anything related to opiates. If it was like a feeling you got then it could have been related to some type of high but other then that unless you can explain in more detail im stumped lol
Old 02-01-2012, 04:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome

if it's been going on for 4 years, you really need professional medical advice I think, Nightbayne?

D
Old 02-01-2012, 04:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Welcome

if it's been going on for 4 years, you really need professional medical advice I think, Nightbayne?

D
Yeah buddy! You need to see a Doctor! and..... that's not us! We simply aren't qualified to even guess on that one. See a Doc!!
Old 02-01-2012, 05:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well actually I have been to the doctor about this.I just never mentioned the stuff I was doing at the time in fear of being "cut off"My GP hadn't a clue and sent me for an MRI of my brain which came back normal and unremarkable which I found to be both relieving and insulting lol..I also had another doctor who said the could be ware on the casings on some nerve endings,not unlike a old worn out electric wire..But also said he was just guessing...perhaps the Lethargy is only w/d based and the other is something else..I figured if the docs where stumped perhaps one of you guys had heard of such a thing.
Old 02-01-2012, 05:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I do know from what I've read, oxy and other narcs will fry your CNS when abused!
Old 02-01-2012, 05:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

see thats the kind of thing Im wondering?Ive only been clean for 2 weeks more or less.I always just went back to the meds aside from the obvious reasons as it also made it so this condition didnt bother me.
Old 02-01-2012, 05:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

To find out for sure I think you'll need to do two things NB....one is stop using, whcih you've done - give it some time and see if that helps, and two, see a Dr and be absolutely honest as to what you've been taking, how long, how often etc etc.

D
Old 02-01-2012, 05:55 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nightbayne View Post
see thats the kind of thing Im wondering?Ive only been clean for 2 weeks more or less.I always just went back to the meds aside from the obvious reasons as it also made it so this condition didnt bother me.
If you've only been clean for two weeks... THen let me tell you from experience that your body and especially your brain are going through some MAJOR healing! Everyone is different.... That healing process does all kinds of wacky stuff.
Old 02-01-2012, 06:12 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Well we shall see I suppose..A friend of mine recently mentioned something called "brain fog" I just looked it up and ill be damned if I dont have like 15 of 18 symptoms..Of course this a non accepted ailment by the mda as it turns out lol..thx for input anyone else feel free to chime in..peace
Old 02-01-2012, 08:13 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I'm no doctor, but I know from experience that cutting oneself off from a drug/medication that you have taken for an extended period of time can give you some pretty funky feelings. I find myself grinding my teeth, or I feel a pressure in my head and even worse, the dreaded, "shocks".

However, I will also tell you that surfing the web and looking through possible ailments can actually be even more detrimental (I know many a person who has called me up freaking out because a simple headache "could" be nan aneurysm). Book an appointment with your doctor, and tell the truth. Sure, the doc might look at you differently, but you'll never know until you try it.