Notices

Wow, today doesn't suck!

Old 01-31-2012, 07:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Wow, today doesn't suck!

Of course, it's early in the day...LOL!

Bit by bit, hour by hour, day by day, my health and sanity are being restored! I have to say Praise God!

Little things, like driving my son to school, is starting to feel normal, or at least not torture, like it was for years on ox. It is 9:12am and I am awake! Usually by now I was back "sound" asleep. In fact I slept most of the time because I was "so tired" all the time. Well, DUH! I was taking massive amounts of a CNS depressant, and it kept me exhausted but unable to get any real rest.

And breakfast--where have you been all these years? I never knew I was hungry in the mornings. I just took a pill and it went away...meanwhile, my body & brain suffered due to lack of nutrition, which DID cause aches & pains, low blood sugar, and multiplied my depression. Only the answer wasn't more pills, it was eating regular meals!

I just wanted to post a little update and if any of you are struggling through withdrawal, trust me, IT IS WORTH IT! You WILL feel good again, provided you ride the storm out. I know you may doubt this, just like I did, especially on days 3-7, but listen to those who have gone before you & draw on our experience. Trust the process.

IT DOES GET BETTER, MUCH BETTER!
day 22
Blessings~~
Old 01-31-2012, 07:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

Wonderful! I love to hear people's progress and joy in recovery.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to the other side NewAttitude! Glad to know you are doing better. I remember getting that same feeling when it happened to me. I wondered if I would be miserable forever, and when good feelings started coming back I actually started looking forward to waking up in the morning to have breakfast, and coffee like a normal person. Not being all over the place and being able to keep a routine in my life due to not chasing and pill counting constantly. What a relief, I can so relate to what you are feeling.

Congratulations!!
Old 01-31-2012, 08:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Awesome!!!!
Old 01-31-2012, 12:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I hope everyone struggling through the first 7 days sees this. I could feel your good spirit coming through. Mornings have become my favorite time of day. My daughter told me last week that her school day is really nice now that I am so happy in the morning. Oh the guilt and shame I felt for a moment, but I just thought to myself you are going to have years of happy mornings and Mommy will not fail you again. Enjoy the new found freedom New Attitude. The bad days will get fewer and fewer until they are a thing of the past. Thanks for sharing with us.
Old 02-01-2012, 03:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

New Attitude, that was a great post. it does get better...in fact, it get's flat out amazing some days if i may say so myself.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Its great when the "miracle" happens.
Old 02-01-2012, 11:39 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

How is your energy on day 22?
Old 02-02-2012, 04:10 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

How are you doing, NA?
Old 02-02-2012, 04:58 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hey Y'all!

Funny you should ask about my energy cuz it's very hit-and-miss. Today I felt glued to my bed, but the rest I got felt "restful" if that makes any sense...

Part of my resolution to myself is to prepare a (fairly) nutritious meal every night--without complaining!-- and so far, so good. My poor son doesn't even know how to eat something that doesn't come out of a wrapper from the microwave!

I have fibromyalgia, which is how I got hooked on the pills in the 1st place, so sometimes it's hard to tell what is detox, what is fibro, what is diet & nutrition, and what is just plain life.

But this one thing I know: going back to using is NOT AN OPTION! God will get me through the valleys, but I still have to do the walking. I'm sure with time things will become clearer. I have to remember to be gentle with myself sometimes, it's only been 24 days, and I was hooked for years. Something about Rome and a day...

It sure feels nice to log on & see people asking about me & caring how I'm doing. Thanks to you ALL!

Blessings~~
Old 02-03-2012, 01:49 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks for the great post! Inspiring to me, I am still struggling to get to where I want to be... where you are now.
Old 02-03-2012, 06:29 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Ryan,

I remember reading posts from ppl with a week or 10 days sober & thinking, "Man, if I could just get there, I'd be so happy!" Well, it's true. Hang on to the hope you feel from others who have gone before you, and don't use, and you WILL get there too!

It works if you work it

Blessings~~
Old 02-03-2012, 07:25 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi new attitude,
I read ur post and started laughing, u r right on w/ the breakfast thing.I love breakfast now, I actually love the taste of food, never knew it was so good!!
I needed the smile today and thanks for putting it on my face..
Thats what is good about this sight,it makes u laugh, cry,feel humility,feel humble,feel to help others, its great to FEEL and talk about it w/ such real people
Thanks again for the SMILE!!!!