Notices

Done with tramadol

Old 01-30-2012, 11:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Done with tramadol

Hi all,

I'm sure this has been talked about a million times but everyone is different.

A little background on myself...

I'm 23... And have been on and off opiates since about 15.. Legit taking them due to breaking bones, surgery, really bad car accident.
At 19 I got in a really bad car accident where I broke both femurs in multiple places fractured ribs collapsed lung, I was in shock trauma icu for 2 weeks. I never abused my OxyContin or oxycodone for the 6 months I was on them and I had pain management to wean me properly off of the medication to minimize withdrawal. About a year ago I had surgery to remove the titanium Rods in my femurs due to the pain I was in still after almost 3 years from the accident. And I pretty much abused the Vicodin I was on for 4 months.. Going through 50 7.5 pills a week. I went CT in April and it was 6 days of pure hell. So I was off of them Til August. And my pain management doctor prescribed me tramadol because it was a "non-addictive, non-narcotic" pain medication.. HAHAHA, such a load of BS. I was taking anywhere between 200-400mgs a day of that, realized it was time to stop and get off all this crap. So I weaned myself down to taking 100mgs a day and stopped last week. I had 2 days of hell then someone gave me so codeine syrup to help with w/d and slowly bring myself down. Of course my addictive personality I start abusing it, and in the mean time I get severe bronchitis. So I go to the doctor, get an antibiotic and hycodan. So I have a little
More than 1/4 of the Bottle left.. I want to be done with all opiates, I'd rather have severe pain in my legs than deal with the bs of depending on drugs to get me through the day. I want to slowly bring myself down to minimize w/d symptoms. And I do have benzos to help out and muscle relaxers and ambien.. Problem is since I've been out of work I can't take off anymore.. So am I in for it? Or should I be okay with weaning myself down with the little bit of cough syrup I have left? I know all about the Thomas recipe too and have all the vitamins for that too.
Please help!
Old 01-30-2012, 06:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am not competent to advise you about detoxing, but I certainly admire the decision you have made.

I got sober when I was 31 and was a nervous wreck about detoxing from the alcohol and the xanax.

I spent 35 days in treatment and I haven't had the need to drink or use since.

I wish you the best with getting detoxed from the opiates.

Before I got sober, I would put a blue valium and a bottle of paragoric on the bed table to take when, as was almost always the case, I would bolt upright in bed wide awake.

There is a much better life out there, amigo.

I sure don't miss anything about my drinking and using days.

I hope that you stick around.

Welcome.