Notices

Relapsed After Two Weeks

Old 01-28-2012, 07:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Relapsed After Two Weeks

My husband and I were doing very well in our, "no drinking, no drugs" deal. But, we went out, hung out with the wrong people (the ******* that referred to as, "friends"), and got high. When I started coming down, I felt an extreme sense of dread, loss, and anger.

I hate this. I need to find another way to kick this crap once and for all. I start intense therapy next week (Relapse Prevention for two hours, Concurrent Disorders for another two), and it's a near mandatory thing. While I think that this will help, I am in need of advice for ignoring the symptoms. I'm having intense using dreams, cravings that pop up throughout the day, and an extreme sense of misery. I know it's not bad, and I can make it through, but I feel very helpless right now.

Cocaine is ****. It all is. People from all walks of life can fall into the horrific cycle of drug and alcohol abuse, and while many claw their way out, some just have major difficulty maintaining balance (think crabs in the bucket. One tries climbing out, others pull it back down). What the hell do I do now?
Old 01-28-2012, 08:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My "friends" always had coke for me whenever I hung out. I think it made them feel better about their meth habit if I took the coke. It got to a point when the obsession took over and I couldn't stop thinking about it. It was starting to affect my life so I decided I needed to tell my friends no. I thought I could still hang out and just not accept the drugs, but I was wrong. I had to completely cut those people out of my life in order to quit. I basically stopped talking to everyone for a couple months until I could gather myself up and restart. I've made it nearly 7 months completely sober and one of the main reasons is that i cut all the toxic people out of my life. I hope you find something that works for you. I know how it feels to be dragged down the hole by coke and I hope to God I never have to experience that again. Thanks for posting and good luck!
Old 01-28-2012, 08:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 1983ritag View Post
My "friends" always had coke for me whenever I hung out. I think it made them feel better about their meth habit if I took the coke. It got to a point when the obsession took over and I couldn't stop thinking about it. It was starting to affect my life so I decided I needed to tell my friends no. I thought I could still hang out and just not accept the drugs, but I was wrong. I had to completely cut those people out of my life in order to quit. I basically stopped talking to everyone for a couple months until I could gather myself up and restart. I've made it nearly 7 months completely sober and one of the main reasons is that i cut all the toxic people out of my life. I hope you find something that works for you. I know how it feels to be dragged down the hole by coke and I hope to God I never have to experience that again. Thanks for posting and good luck!
I think, sadly, this is going to be the case. These people are wonderful individuals...when they're sober, which is becoming increasingly rare. So far, we've set up movie nights and quiet nights, and avoiding hanging around with anyone (sober friends included). The problem here us, that this is a small town, and everyone knows everyone. So if you hang out with one sober friend, chances are they'll be going to see so and so with his grams of blow and drug debts.