Notices

1 Month free and clear

Old 01-28-2012, 05:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

1 Month free and clear

Hey Guys and Gals!
Sorry I've been gone from the boards for the last week. I've been working lots of hours... Which is GREAT!
Last Friday was one month under belt and doing pretty good despite my constant back pain.
The long hours working has been really tough on my back but I'm managing with OTC pain relievers.
So... Just wanted to say hello to everyone and touch base with he SR gang.
I haven't disappeared... Just been super busy as of late.
Old 01-28-2012, 05:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

((((Ivan)))) - Fantastic!!!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 01-28-2012, 07:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Nice bud, very nice... Thanks for everything, I hit three weeks Friday!
Old 01-29-2012, 02:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Glad to know you are still clean. Good for you. I'm still working on my recovery. Some days better than others but all days better than using.
Old 01-29-2012, 08:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Ivan and Eff, you're inspirational!! Thank you for sharing your inspiring stories.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Well, I must say that I was doing too good for too long! I screwed my my back up really bad on Sunday and used on Monday to get relief. I had to do something... I did not use today nor do I plan on it tomorrow!
Old 02-01-2012, 07:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

OK, Wed - back to work and did not take anything yet again now that my back in in WAY better shape than it was on Monday! Staying on Track!
While I did take one tab for the pain on Monday, I consider that not a slip up but rather a dire need.
I have to get it through my head to not use!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm doing great! 1 Tab in 4.5 weeks is darned good. Hope to keep it that way.
I must say that on Monday that little "voice said", "Ah take another"... NOPE!!!!!
Old 02-01-2012, 11:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

(((Ivan))) - I think you're doing great. I've occasionally, had to take pain meds for major dental procedures or when my back goes totally out of whack and I can't move. I know the voice well.."one is good, 2-3 would be even BETTER!" but I just don't want to go back there and am blessed with dr's who appreciate my history and give me a very limited prescription with no refills.

I know of many people who can get through things with just OTC stuff..I'm not one of them, and believe me I've tried. I have, however, found that as time goes on, I CAN tolerate more than I used to and I believe a part of that is I just really, REALLY don't want to take pain pills. The other part is probably that I'm getting older and it seems everything aches at one time or another

Keep up the good work. As long as recovery stays in your brain in the "really important part", you'll be fine

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 02-01-2012, 11:47 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Cob

Love it....I simply love to hear that others are making that choice to be sober minded. It's awesome to know there are so many like minded creatures on this planet. Here's to keeping it real...or in your case "realer"...you are an awesome person wonderfully made!!!

Peace and love to you and yours

Cob
Old 02-01-2012, 12:01 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Impurrfect View Post
(((Ivan))) -

I know of many people who can get through things with just OTC stuff..I'm not one of them, and believe me I've tried. I have, however, found that as time goes on, I CAN tolerate more than I used to and I believe a part of that is I just really, REALLY don't want to take pain pills. The other part is probably that I'm getting older and it seems everything aches at one time or another

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Wow, I hear you on the OTC Stuff. OTC stuff me is no better than chewing up a pack of mentos. I metabolize the stuff at breakneck speed. matter of fact, Dentist has to use the strongest stuff he has to keep me from ripping the arm off his chairs... I bent it the first time of which he said that was physically imposible. I told that was going to happen ; ) But he didn't listen... I have to "train" any new denist!
Old 02-02-2012, 09:10 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

hahaa - dentist. Chairs. bending things.
yep
I've actually sent my dentist flowers after my visits.
It's a little upsetting for them to have to do work with deathgrips - but now
when I go they have a lady hold my hand and her touch calms me significantly.
Still...tears run down my face from old childhood fears. Then I go home and
sleep for 12 hours.
Thankfully, I have all my dental work done now and as long as I stay
on the good path, I won't have to see anyone for another year. YAY!
Old 02-02-2012, 09:15 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I here you on that one Angel! When I was a little kid, I had a dentist physically accost me while in the chair because I was freaking out. Yeah... Smacking me really helped me. Of course, that was the early 70's when parents didn't listen to their kids....
Old 02-02-2012, 09:22 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

oh my gawd. Slapped you?
Grrrrr
makes me so PO'd to even hear such a thing. You & I are near same age...it WAS
different back then -like I remember every class in grade school had the huge
wooden whatever ya call it? Spanker? Paddle! lol...I can't think this morning. One particularly evil teacher drilled holes in his.

Jeezz....that's terrible stuff dude.
Mine was/is just pain related turmoil. I remember being Em's age and mom taking me over
to the dentist on a Sunday to put me under gas and do a root canal. Suppose back then they also did things like that...got lucky I suppose. I was nine. What 9 year old gets root canals? (er...maybe that is normal. I dunno)
childbirth didn't hurt as much as some of my dental experiences. Mmm...makes me wonder sometimes if I had sadistic people working on me.

memories memories....
Old 02-02-2012, 10:26 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

We grew up in a much different world Angel! Shocking that we're not more f'ed up than we already are LOL!
Old 02-02-2012, 01:10 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Posts like this always make me smile

Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee