Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Drug Addiction > Substance Abuse
Reload this Page >

On Vicodin-Prescription, but ... I need advice.

Notices

On Vicodin-Prescription, but ... I need advice.

Old 01-28-2012, 01:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Question On Vicodin-Prescription, but ... I need advice.

Hi guys, I'm on Vicodin 500 APAP prescription due to my constant cluster headaches. However... I seem to take them practically everyday- this is obviously a sign of dependence, now I am NOT going to lose my Vicodin, but I know I need to take breaks during the 30 days of the month, since I take 3 a day, but I'm just saying sometimes I take 4-5 for the pain and at times sorry to say, the high. The point is, what could be suggested for like a "Non painkiller day"?

I know this sounds like a medical question but it's more of a "What to do on a day when you're not taking your usual medicines" like natural help, or whatever withdrawals I'm going to go through since I haven't NOT taken a Vicodin pill for like ... 28 days straight now. thanks.
Old 01-28-2012, 12:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Talk to your headache dr or family dr. I too have clusters. Funny thought it was so rare. There are better treatments for them. I promise no narcotic I would take could touch them. Oxygen treatment is a newer therapy for them and so is melatonin.

If that info is inappropriate please remove. But clusters are considered the most pain a human can exsperience so any new ideas he can discuss with the dr I think is appropriate.

As I'm sure you know your cycle by now if you have had them. I cycle 4 times a year for one month at a time spring, fall, summer, winter.

The idea is to force your body out of the cycle. I'm on this and other treatments.