Notices

Need Support

Old 01-19-2012, 01:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Need Support

I am w/d off opiates and need support. I have been using tramadol to wean and am done with that and found 6 vicodin yesterday and took them. They made me feel very sleepy and depressed. The only thing it did was stop bathroom trips. While using the tramadol I was in the bathroom constantly but all other w/d symptoms were mild. Then I took the vic's and today is day 1 CT. I am a wuss and have 2 children to take care of- a 7 month old and a two year old. Do you think the w/d will get worse or better? I am trying to decide what kind of help to ask for. I have not w/d from opiates in several years and do not know what to expect. I have only been using one month. I did make it to a meeting today which was very helpful. I saw some old friends and the aches and pains vanished if only for an hour. Any advice?
Old 01-19-2012, 02:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi! Ive never had to wd from drugs however I am a recovering alcoholic. Its very important to see a dr about this especially since you have 2 young children that need their mommy! As for my experience wd from booze was similar in the early stages got better in a few weeks. What took the longest was being clear minded
Old 01-19-2012, 02:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm withdrawing too. I have been taking hydrocodone for the last year and was up to 8-10 a day. I took one Monday and one Tuesday and have had none yesterday or today. Still suffering pretty bad. My husband has pills in the house and I'm trying to stay out of them. This is crazy hard isn't it?
Old 01-19-2012, 02:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You have to get those pills out of the house. ASAP. They say day 3 & 4 are hardest and you don't want to have those pills around! I KNOW I would take them. I did see a dr. There's really not much they can do. You just have to get through it. And yes, it is very hard. Thanks for the responses ladies.
Old 01-19-2012, 03:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I asked him to hide them from me. Then I saw them sitting out on the counter this morning.
Old 01-19-2012, 03:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR FFM and Nonya - I was, too, a long time abuser of opiate pills - hydros years ago and most recently codeine. Been clean a little over a year, the longest I have ever gone in 20 years in one stretch.
To this day, I cannot have pills in the house. I doubt I ever can. I did have a broken ankle recently and had to take a couple of percodan at doctor's request post surgery, but threw away the remaining pills immediately when advil would do. The best thing that happened to me this past year was finding SR and the fellowship and friendship of kindred spirits. I always thought I was alone, but the stories you read here show that the disease crosses all ages, income levels, professions, levels of education, on and on. We are all really one in this fight togehter and together we are stronger.
Keeping posting. There are a lot of good threads on how to get through the first few weeks' w/d pains and then tips on how to continue to deal with the emotional pain, PAWS, temptations and life.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank's Reader. I hope FFM is doing okay. I've been suffering pretty seriously since Monday night. I keep telling myself tomorrow will be better...not sure if I believe it.

I'm starting to notice aches and pains I didn't know I had. I feel all wound up and can't be still. Got to stop thinking about how much better and more relaxed I would feel after a couple of Lortab.

I have not come this far to fail now!!