Notices

Notes on withdrawal

Old 01-13-2012, 04:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Notes on withdrawal

Hi All,
I'm 5 days into WD from Percs & it's been mental, emotional, & physical HELL, BUT, today I'm actually feeling ALMOST HUMAN again! I am so grateful for this forum & all the support I'm reading here. There are a few things I just wanted to mention that have helped me so far.

Hot Baths with Epsom Salts! The magnesium eases my aches & pains. Also I'm taking magnesium supplements for deep joint & bone aches. But this is just me, I'm not telling anyone else to do this.

V8 Fusion juice. To me, it's delicious & seems to stay down better than water. Gatorade also.

Prayer. Positive thoughts, affirmations. For me, the Psalms are very powerful!

Ask for and accept help. I know I have not kept up with any of my responsibilities like I should have, but NOW is NOT the time to beat myself up over any of it. This train of thought leads only back into the bondage of addiction & with that, the certainty that things will only get worse. Let your loved ones love you; don't let guilt rule you.

There are other points I want to mention, but my mind is still hazy, so this is all for now.

Thanks SR!!!
Old 01-13-2012, 05:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR and thanks for posting.
All of our newbies really benefit from suggestions from everyone walking the same road to recovery. Even a few of us old-timers now still benefit as well from posts from posters in all stages of recovery.
Keep posting and let us know how you are progressing. We are here for you!
Bu the way, your post name fits you to a tee. I can tell from your post that you do have a great attitude, a positive approach and a grateful heart.
Old 01-13-2012, 05:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I agree with TheReader you have a wonderful attitude...this will help you a great deal.
Old 01-13-2012, 05:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks

Thanks TheReader & Recoverywithfaith... I appreciate the replies. Makes me feel good!

I struggle big time with depression, so if I don't intentionally try to keep my mind positive, I feel awful. My magic magnifying mind intensifies whatever I allow it to focus on...

Somewhere someone talked about the sweats--I have really been having lots of hot/cold sweats & waking up soaked in the mornings, and noticing a chemical smell...it was not too bad this morning, but the first few days it was pretty bad.

Anyway, I'm sort of psyched that this evening I halfway cleaned the kitchen sober--something I couldn't even dream of before. Before, I had to pop a pill to even get out of bed, ya know... then found myself falling back asleep before even making it out of bed, then feeling so wrecked when I woke back up, needed another pill, which put me right back to sleep...what a waste. SO GLAD I'm pulling out of that existence, which couldn't even be properly called a "life".

Thanks for the support. (((hugs2all))
NA
Old 01-13-2012, 09:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

"Clinging to any reservations we may have in accepting the fact that we have a disease called addiction is referred to as denial. Denial of our condition is nothing more than an invitation to further pain and confusion. Denial is the mind game that all addict play to avoid dealing with reality and the consequences of our using. Often times our life-styles have become quite bizarre, yet we remain convinced that everything is normal. Denial is a mental operation of rationalization and justification used to shield us from the pain of our current situation."

I copied this from another thread. I've been reading a lot tonite & have found so much good advice. I just wanted to post it in my own thread.

I hope to hear some more responses, but not sure how to ask for them...

Old 01-13-2012, 10:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

New attitude, it is great that you are keeping your mind busy by reading through threads. That also helped me to get through those first few weeks of agony. Exercise and funny movies also helped me. Tons and tons of fluids will speed up the process a bit. My doc is also pills, and I know withdrawal way to well. I hope I never have to go through it again!! 56 days clean today!
Old 01-14-2012, 05:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
TheMostSordidSpotOnEarth

Hey Newattitude,

I remember where I was at in those first days, and my heart goes out to you. I am encouraging of all of your efforts to get clean. It's not easy, just worth it. I'll say, however, that getting clean is very different from staying clean. This can be the very last time you ever have to go through this. Why not start going to meetings? I could never have gotten to where I am today at 2 years 9 months clean if it hadn't been for NA/AA/CA. There is some great recovery in Texas if you know where to look.

Best wishes to you in your healing.
Old 01-14-2012, 12:52 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

im so sick today. agony. i wanna use so bad my skin hurts. im crying
Old 01-14-2012, 03:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Sending good thoughts your way. The w/d's are tough. This time last year I was close to a month and still having issues. However, the first week or two are certainly the worse for most of us. We are all here for you.
Keep posting.
Old 01-14-2012, 04:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi NewAttitude. I am on Day 6 and it isn't easy. You (and I) have a ways to go, but I know we can get through it. Stay strong and think about how great it will be to no longer need the drugs!