Notices

Trying my best

Old 01-11-2012, 03:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Trying my best

I started taking norco a year ago. I started with 2.5 pills at once. As time went on, it progressed to 5-6 pills twice a day. I stopped using at the start of December, I made it 8 days, then used again. After I used again, I made it another 11 days without it. I'm craving bad, and feel like I'm on the verge of using again. Any advice from someone that has been here before? Thank you.
Old 01-11-2012, 03:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to SR South48
You'll find a lot of help encouragement and support here

D
Old 01-12-2012, 06:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Most of us have been exactly where you are. There are several good posts here that may be beneficial for you to read. You will learn what to expect, tools on how to fight the cravings, addict voice, etc. Any of the posts with Oxys in the title are helpful to read, as most of us in opiate recovery chime in on those from time to time. Read anything you can from FailedTaper. Her posts will give you a very good roadmap of what to expect. She and I have been clean for just over a year from opiate pills and have walked this path together for the past year on SR.
Many of those fighting the cravings in the first days find the staying busy, exercising (if you are up to it), eating healthy food, staying hydrated, taking hot baths all help. You also need to get rid of your supply and any connections to pills. Most of us find that the only way to stop and stay stopped is to not have access, especially in the first year.
Welcome to SR and keep posting. We are all here for you.