Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Drug Addiction > Substance Abuse
Reload this Page >

hello... I dont know what my problem is, but I need help.

Notices

Old 01-09-2012, 03:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello, let me just start introducing my self... I am a male, 31 years old, living in southamerica, pretty good shape, do lots of sports.

Will give a brief resume of my life, may be will help...

It all started back when I was 19, always like to drink a lot, at the same time, always been very much into sports... well, till I turned 24, I remember I used to drink from monday to friday, every day, I woudl go to college, get out, and go do something "fun"... till 3 or 4 in the morning, then would wake up at 6 and go to work, would sleep a couple of hours in the afternon just to do it all over again... That lasted till I turned 25th of something, started to go to they gym and caring about my looks (was full of liquids, never fat, but looked like a balloon full of beer) anywyas, that was a normal behaviur among my friends...

After I turned 25, going to clubs and stuff kind of got borring, also quited drink in week days, only when I went out on weekends. Then I have my first "love" experience, it was a little pill called extasis. And there was when all started. I loved it so much becaue it made me feel super man, looked a the mirrors and thought "damn bratt pit aint got **** on me". Up to that point, I didnt do drugs, although my best friends were pot heads, I just didint do it because I didnt like the efects, and coke was out of the question, hated that drug, saw so many friends get their lives ****** over that drug that I told to my self, never ******* ever will try that stuff.

Well, extaiss came in as a ittle pill, and looked pretty harmless, in fact I read a whole bunch of stuff about mdma (extasis) and it was like, ****, this is healthier than driking! it has no physical adiction propierties! I can even drive no problems (I used to drive so drunk that I almost killed my sefl a couple of times) this stuff is the ****! I can hit on girls, and for some reason, I do not get rejected (never really had problems with chicks though), it makes me love ppl, not try to fight them, and damn sex is better than anything, also it self regulates it self, I mean, I cannot get addicted to this stuff because it depleates my serotonies levels, wich will automatically made me cut off till its all back to the normal leves (wich are about 21 days), and there is more dead ppl in a year from lighting striking over their heads than for extasis.

Well I thought I discovered heaven (wich in fact, is what you feel like when you are high, at the beggining). The first year I took it like 3 to 4 times in a spam of 12 months, where I live is not really easy to get them, extremely hard was a that time. Then things turned around and pills were showing up in the country, I was, about fiucking time, and started to use it regulary, much more regulary than what I should have, everyweekend or every other weekend for about 1 whole year, I was having a blast, every single party was so fun, never wanted to end...at some point, things started to change, I was not looking forward to going rave, but I was looking forward to the after party, wich normally consisted with me and a female friend going to a motel and having wild sex for hours... Well, everything looked good, this went on for about a year, I have not been in a serius relationship for about 4 to 5 years about that time, neither I wanted to... Well, this went of for about a year, go pick up the girl, hit the motel, grab som pills and party on... That probably doesnt look that bad right? well, thing is, it started to affect my confidense, I no longer had desire to have sex without drugs, and to make it worst my sex life started to get wilder and wilder, we started to bring other girls, well, agian whats the problem with that right? you'll see...

After a dont know, 6 months, the effects of mdma werent the same, depression came along, I was a messed on week days, and on weekends, eventhough I could take a rest of 2 weekes, it was just not the same... I dont how, one day, I ended up taking coke, and that is when everything went down the drain... Eventhough I fight against it, and I dont have a daily coke habit, it just became part of my sexual life too... Sex parties were wilder and wilder, I started spending all my money on drugs, and whores, the fun was about going online and searching for prostitues, I had already swithced of female friend, now I had several different ones, but my fun it was calling for whores, I spent every single dolar I had on them...

Well, eventually I realized that I had a problem, started doing other sports, combat sports to be exactly, that helped me a lot, for a while... I did some yoga too, also helped me a lot, for a while... Thing is, my mind plays tricks on me, I analyze how my life is going and say, "dude, you can go 3 to 4 weeks with no drugs, you run normally (5k) you are in pretty good shape (brazilian jiu jitsu is very very demaning) you are not craving for drugs (I do not crave for drugs, I crave for partying) so you must not be an adicted? its just your lack of serotonine and dopamine what is making you feel that way... chill out, you are fine....

I've been telling me that for the past 6 months or year. Reality is, I have no possible way to start a serius relationship with anyone, becuase all I can think, **** sex must be borring one on one, also my social life is destroyed, And to make it worst, wichever drug I take, no matter how much time passes between my last sesion, will always end up on 36 hours of me having or trying to have sex locked up in a room with coke and whores around, its the only thing I can think of whenever I use any kind of drug... (drugs I have use, or regulary use, mdma, coke, some research chemicals stims)

So as you can see, my life is getting destroyed, my social life specially, and also, my economical life. Although I do make good money, If I keep going through this path, it will always be the same, as more money I make, more money will I spend, eventually it will get worse I guess, just as It did, I all started with a little pill, now im buying research chemicals onlin and getting drugs delived to my door (wich is actually legal)...

Bottom line, I am and addict, I just dont know addicted to what, but I wanna get a normal lilfe, I do not wanna spend anymore 3 weeks of the months thinking on my next fix, eventhough, and I meant it, my body doesnt crave for drugs, but my mind, kind of...

Sorry for the long post...

PS: My mother was an alcoholic for 15 years, she has been sober for 2 now for what is worth.

Thanks for your attention...

PS2: I have posted this on the forum for new ppl, thought it was going to be better in the substance abuse forum.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome dude. Im going through some pretty hefty wds of oxycodone right now, but have had experience with x and the rave scene too. X depletes the **** out of your seratonin (happy juice) I just started taking a supplement called L tirosine thanks to the suggestion of people on this site to help get me through my wds. I cannot say for sure exactly how ell its working, but I know that I am feeling much better mentally than I have in the last few days and I think its cos of that.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

thanks for the answer man... well, I do feel kind of **** for 2-3 days after my abuse, problem is (and I call it problem) that I do feel fine again after the 4th... I think it has a lot to do with my sports rutine... Im really worry about my life as a whole, I know that my problme might seem like a very little one compared with problems of ppl going through opiates withdraw or coke, I think my problem is more of a mental addiction, but for sure its getting worst and worst and from "love" party drugs, I have started to switch to dopaminic drugs, such as coke, and what once was once every while, now is whenever I go out and take drugs, it will usually end up with 36 hours of none stop destruction of my self...

oh... by the way, sorry for my english, not my first lenguage...
Old 01-09-2012, 05:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Everyone on this site is here to help no matter what the problem.... You shouldnt compare because everyones struggle is different and no ones is any less or more difficult than anothers. Keep posting and people way more able to help you mentally will put their opinion in other than me. Good luck, hope you feel better.