Notices

Coke away..

Old 01-08-2012, 09:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Coke away..

Hi. So I have finally decided to ditch my good old friend that gradually turned into a controlling monster.. I NEVER thought I would have a serious coke problem.. but i certainly do now. Once I pop I don't stop..ever. I am terrified and disgusted by the overwhelming control it has taken over my life. I don't think I can even have a drink anymore,it will lead to the inevitable. Any advice on where to turn much appreciated!!
Cola xx
Old 01-08-2012, 10:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

On Wednesday I'll be off crack for 4 months, after having used coke for 32 years. I hang out here as much as possible, got rid of my crack pipe and paraphanalia, said goodby to my crack-a -doodle buddies and so far have fought off the urge to use. The urge is slowly going away. You can do it.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you so much and well done to you. I basically don't know a single person who doesn't get high (London) so it is going to be a massive adjustment but I have to. To be honest I don't believe I'm going to have 'fun' ever again which so ridiculous considering that before that first fatefull line I had more fun, freedom, laughter and was leading a normal life! How did u beat that after 32 years? Did you take it everyday? Did you get therapy as well?xx
Old 01-08-2012, 11:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I would personally recommend plopping your rear down in some Narcotics/Cocaine/Alcoholics Anonymous meetings in your area, reaching out for help, and doing what's suggested by the people there ... even if you find the quasi-religious aspect off-putting (as I did, a fairly devout agnostic if not outright atheist) ... TRUST ME you don't have to become some Bible-thumper to make the program work for you.

Welcome to SR.com, BTW ... You've come to the right place. A very great many of us have been right where you are at one time ... hell, I'm pretty much there right now ... but I've had 3 years clean and sober in the past, and the programs of NA/AA were the only things that got me that time ... then I stopped going. And eventually wound up back in trouble with the partying.

If you're trying to reckon 'a plan of your own', trust me ... you are statistically highly unlikely to come up with one on your own that works better than the one laid out by NA/AA. It's not impossible, but WHY make it harder?
Old 01-08-2012, 11:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

bval

How's it going buddy?
Old 01-08-2012, 11:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NeverEverAgain View Post
bval

How's it going buddy?
Well, 7 days off subs ... it's definitely 'been better' ... but then ... it's also been one hell of a lot worse (like, in the distant past), so I can't really complain too much, thanks for asking.

But ... um ... who are you again? Am I correct in assuming this is a new login for you, whoever you are?
Old 01-08-2012, 11:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bval View Post
Well, 7 days off subs ... it's definitely 'been better' ... but then ... it's also been one hell of a lot worse (like, in the distant past), so I can't really complain too much, thanks for asking.

But ... um ... who are you again? Am I correct in assuming this is a new login for you, whoever you are?
You would be correct.

I can't remember my old login information.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:05 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yes so true-at this stage I could even handle some preachin' to start off with.. I am balAncing on a thin line (NPI!!) of having no husband and f-ing up everything I worked so hard to get. Feel so ashamed but there is only one way out, thanks for the positive input- I am really incouraged to keep going. What was your doc? X
Old 01-09-2012, 05:48 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Cola,

Welcome to the board

Like you I also live in London and my drug of choice was cocaine but I have been clean for around 4 months, so I know how difficult to stop but I know it can be done.

I know exactly what you mean when you say its hard to have fun but I have changed my social circle and its still possible to have a good time.

Try and get yourself to a CA meeting - there are loads in London and should be one near where you live. Everybody is really supportive and friendly, so give it a try.

Let me know if you need any more advice on how I quit and I'll be happy to help.
Old 01-10-2012, 02:41 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hey Cola. I am also in London. I sat next to a young woman in a meeting tonight who used to take both coke and crack and is now clean. She said she is addicted to buying pretty dresses now but she said at least she can't stuff them up her nose! In fact, she shared that she had hugged a kid today and could feel his heart beating against hers and it was a wonderful feeling. I am not going to give you any preaching but I can see clearly that an addiction to those drugs is not going to bring you any more fun. As my therapist said to me in a poignant moment discussing my own addiction "that drug no longer works for you, does it?"
Old 01-11-2012, 09:01 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Its good to see that I am not the only Londoner on this board.

Maybe we have already met at a meeting - you never know