Notices

Need Help-Not wanting to relapse

Old 01-07-2012, 06:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Need Help-Not wanting to relapse

Hi all-I am forty something days into being clean off of vicodin. This past week has been really hard for me. The winter months-having three little kids in the house all the time, not being able to go anywhere-thoughts of my husband being dead. My head just isn't in a good place and I need to get positive thoughts going in my brain. Just need a little support, I don't want to relapse and the cravings are really bad. I know I can get them if I need them, but don't want to give in. Just feel like escaping my reality for a little bit-I am wrestling with this and have been all week. Help!
Old 01-07-2012, 06:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

From your post, I see three little but powerful reasons to not pick up old habits again. Imagine for a second what would happen if you were caught with the poison without a script? THose three young one would be without their mother for a considerable time.
Consider your quality of life then.
We all have the cravings. Today I am only on day 8 and while I have no physical W/D - yeah, I admit it, I love to have just one to get my morning rolling. But you see, my wife is in the other room sound asleep.
I think that's key too. "sound" asleep. Not a worry one right now for her. And it is because SHE is content and sound, I respect her enough not to give using a second thought further. I'm recovering not only for myself, but for my family as well.
Old 01-08-2012, 11:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sophiamarie Sorry I missed your post yesterday. I hope you stayed committed. It is hard and so matter than the physical w/d should have passed our addicted brains work 24/7 lying to us. Have you removed the doctor feelgood you mentioned earlier? As long as you have any access to pills the mind will not give you a break. The last thing we thing is temptation or easy access at a moment of weakness.

I'm into my 3rd month clean and sober. I have to keep my tools handy everyday. My na book, my Bible, this forum, my journal, my workout time, my clean friends, my long distance family support, and my accountability workbook. I still can not be around situations or people that I associate with using. My behavior is changing and believe the people I'm relating to are changing as a result. One day at a time. Hope you stayed strong yesterday and today is better. Those 3 little ones are the greatest motivation you will ever have. When I think of my daughter being removed from me and facing the reality of what these poison pills can do, I get past the cravings real fast. Keep posting. Sometimes just writing down the feelings lets the negative pass.
Old 01-08-2012, 02:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

If it helps read other posts on detoxing and see the kind of hell others went through then remember your own detox. It might jar some memories of loose and help you remember what you went through when you gave them up the first time. Im on day three and not having any fun at all.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good advice from LostGirl25. Hopefully the urge passes for you. I can understand how strong it can be and to give in.
Please get rid of all contacts that can give you access to vicodin.
This cold time of year sure is a bummer.
Come here and write as much you need to. Writing can be so therapeutic. Glad you reached out in the first place. That means you really don't want to go use.

Do whatever it is that you enjoy or that your kids enjoy to get your mind away from using. It will pass...and with every passing, you become that much stronger.

Keep up the good fight.
Old 01-09-2012, 06:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Tlh

Stay strong Sophia, you can do it... Don't let those thoughts of using over power your mind. You've went this far in your recovery dont let the mind games ruin it for you. God Bless
Old 01-09-2012, 02:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi sophiemarie, you were one of the first ones that gave me hope and encouragment when I was trying to quit. I think you are alot stronger than you give yourself credit for. Just remeber that our minds will always play tricks on us if we let in like 'it's ok just one pill won't hurt, you deserve it' but we just remeber the relief that it gave us intially. We don't remeber all the anguish and emotional stress that it cause as well. Sure I think sometimes man it would be great to have a just one pill but we all know it's never just that one pill for us. Anyways I guess what I'm trying to say is I know how u feel cause I feel the same way. We all have problems in life and I think a big part of recovery is learning how to cope which I'm no expert in as I'm still trying to learn.

If you could get away somewhere warm for a week and leave your kids with a family member I think that would do you alot of good as well. Stay strong