Notices

Day 5 miracle

Old 01-04-2012, 04:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 5 miracle

After going through 4 days of hell, misery, insomnia, anxiety, and just pure hell of W/D I went to my doctor yesterday.
He placed me on some meds and by the time I got home... No more anxiety and I actually got 9 HOURS of GOOD RESTFUL SLEEP!
Perhaps it's the solid rest I got last night, I feel human this morning. I'm sure the w/d hit me later in the morning though.
Anyway, I'm posting this because going C/T SUCKS! Come clean with your Doctor and get some help.
Old 01-04-2012, 04:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

awesome stuff man! i am considering making a doctor appointment myself now that i have insurance through my work.

i need something to help with my depression because it's what i've been through in the past that has me turning towards substance.

i'm not having physical wds today but the mental side is really bothering. i'm having a boxing match in my brain between good and evil...

i have anxiety but my doc is xanax galore. so i guess i really need to see a doctor and be honest with everything and see what they suggest....

glad you feel some normalcy again man! keep up the good work!
Old 01-04-2012, 04:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Just be darned sure that you tell you doctor that xanax is your DOC!
THere are plenty of alternatives. No need to fix your "fix" with your former poison. Luckily for me I do not like xanax. Yeah that's what I'm taking but I can't stand the stuff for more than a couple of days. It turns me into a weak bowl of jello. A feeling I can't stand!
Old 01-04-2012, 09:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

how are you feeling today Ivan?
Old 01-04-2012, 10:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Like a new friggin person. OMG what 9 hours of GOOD sleep did for me!
I woke up feeling good (as good as can be for day 5). Got up, showered, went to the bank, washed two loads of clothes, and got a haircut all before noon. Holy crap!
My anxiety did ramp up afterwards but I took something for it though.
All I can say i thank God I went to the doc yesterday!
Because I was feeling good, I pushed through the morning and filled myself with positive thinking. It has helped greatly. Considering I was a basket case yesterdat at this time, I'm simply amazed at what a day made... and a the right meds of course!
Old 01-04-2012, 10:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi ivan,
So glad to hear u feel somewhat functional.
Good things happen when we become honest w/ ourselves and others, good for u...
Yes, the mental is probably the worst because it lasts longer than the w/d themselves and lasts awhile longer. i am 82 days clean and now it is the mental part.
Just want to say Good For You and Keep Going,baby!!!
Old 01-04-2012, 12:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Glad you saw your Dr. and got some sleep Ivan. This time around has been so different for me and the reason is I saw my Dr., got honest, told the truth, and allowed myself some help to heal. I always tried CT and always would eventually relapse. I know many have done it on their own without a doctor but it my case it didn't work because the Dr. could only know my lies. Voila - set up my own relapse. You are doing great Ivan. Keep posting.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

glad you're feeling better Ivan

D
Old 01-04-2012, 02:49 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm doing better today. This morning I had energy but wow am I crashing this evening. Super lethargic! I'm sure I'll be better in the morning though after a good night sleep.
Old 01-04-2012, 03:02 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thats great that your doing so much better. The exact opposite. I feel like crap all morning and feel fine in the evening. Keep at it bro!
Old 01-04-2012, 05:32 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

just a guess here but what you got from the doc has got to be addictive...no?

benzos
some kind of opiate
sleeping pills

just saying it because something that brings instant relief might be harmful if takin 4 too long.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:39 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Doc gave me Xanax and seraquel. Good thing for me I've cared for the xanax. Matter of fact, I can't stand it for any period of time. Today I only took one despite my anxiety. It makes me feel like jello - a feeling I DO NOT LIKE!
Old 01-04-2012, 08:46 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Ivan...good for you! I too hate Xanax. I'm not a person who likes 'downers'. Anything that makes me groggy is horrible. My doc has prescribed them to me and i take them when my insomnia kicks in. Knocks me out... no way I could take them during the day. I've tried Ambien, Lunesta, tazadone for the sleep...but xanax is the only thing that works for me.

Congrats on Day 5!!
Old 01-05-2012, 05:46 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

ivan i'm glad you're doing better but i have been a little concerned the last couple of days. i too never did like the xanax but eventually ended up abusing them. please just be careful.

i used to LOVE uppers but eventually they made me too strung out and i couldn't handle them anymore.

for me the opiates and the xanax often went hand in hand. i wasn't as big a fan of the opiates as i was the xanax but if i really couldn't find any bars i would seek out some blues...i just hated always puking my guts up at random not so cool spur of the moment times...
Old 01-05-2012, 06:07 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Concerns noted!
Old 01-05-2012, 06:30 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bars View Post
ivan i'm glad you're doing better but i have been a little concerned the last couple of days. i too never did like the xanax but eventually ended up abusing them. please just be careful.

i used to LOVE uppers but eventually they made me too strung out and i couldn't handle them anymore.

for me the opiates and the xanax often went hand in hand. i wasn't as big a fan of the opiates as i was the xanax but if i really couldn't find any bars i would seek out some blues...i just hated always puking my guts up at random not so cool spur of the moment times...
Bars I know what you mean. Xanax's half life is so short that when you are heavily addicted (like we where) you have to keep upping the dose constantly. I would eat a bunch right before bed and wake up puking in full w/d every morning. Not fun.

Ivan
your doing great my man. Its ok to take the meds as the dr. intended, just remember you don't need them after you get better. Keep up the good work!
Old 01-05-2012, 06:53 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hey guys, Day 6. I got 9.5 hours of sleep last night - GOOD SOLID SLEEP!!!!!
Woke up feeling like a million dollars this morning. Ate ham and eggs for breakfast and almost no W/D today. I personally think that the solid sleep does the most for minimizing the W/D. Mind you, I'm sure as the day goes by I'll feel the W/D as I did yesterday.
Now, If I could lick the lethargy I'd be the 6 million dollar man! WOW - I did I just date myself there?

BTW - For the record... The one thing I believe is helping just as much is the fact that I have been thinking of nothing but positive things! Meditating 2x a day, listening to good music, and watching funny shows. That has made a HUGE difference!
Old 01-05-2012, 07:04 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by IvanKatz View Post
Hey guys, Day 6. I got 9.5 hours of sleep last night - GOOD SOLID SLEEP!!!!!
Woke up feeling like a million dollars this morning. Ate ham and eggs for breakfast and almost no W/D today. I personally think that the solid sleep does the most for minimizing the W/D. Mind you, I'm sure as the day goes by I'll feel the W/D as I did yesterday.
Now, If I could lick the lethargy I'd be the 6 million dollar man! WOW - I did I just date myself there?

BTW - For the record... The one thing I believe is helping just as much is the fact that I have been thinking of nothing but positive things! Meditating 2x a day, listening to good music, and watching funny shows. That has made a HUGE difference!
That is awesome news! We are almost out of the woods. Good work!
Old 01-05-2012, 07:36 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I noticed this morning that I did not wake up with the "smell". Not sure about the rest of you but when I was taking my medication for several weeks, I developed a very specific body odor. Kind of a sweet chemical smell. I would notice this smell every morning when I woke up.
THis morning when I woke up I did not have that "smell".
I'm thinking this means the poisons are finally out of my body - which makes sense that it's day 6.
I was able to run a couple loads of wash yesterday despite the lethargy.
Ahhhh, the simple pleasures of not being stinky!
Old 01-05-2012, 04:02 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

((Ivan)) - SO glad that you are feeling better and have been able to get some sleep. I've been on the road the past couple of days, posting on SR is a challenge on my phone (hate the autocorrect) but have been reading this thread.

Good for you on the positive stuff - I really do believe that goes a long way in our recovery

Hugs and prayers,

Amy