Notices

Day four Hell night part 2 Docotr visit

Old 01-03-2012, 02:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day four Hell night part 2 Docotr visit

No more Opana (Dilauded) scripts for me. All my docs know I have no capacity to control my meds now that I came clean... that's a good thing. Just really surprized I had an anxiety attack at the docs office. I was explaining to the doctors everything I was going through. My blood preasure was going through the roof, my heart began racing, my chest tightened up, and next thing I know I woke up on an exam table. THey woke me with smelling salts - I blacked out from a major anxiety attack. He gave me a shot of ativan to bring me down
Doc was nice enough to tell my wife it was due to exaustion. Of course, I was exhausted but he knew I didn't want her freaked out... 8 hours of sleep in 4 days?
So anyway? He gave me some scripts to help me over the next two weeks.
Just curious SR, Can I tell the board what he gave me?
Old 01-03-2012, 02:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

If you feel its important, you can tell us...as long as you're not giving or expecting medical advice Ivan

D
Old 01-03-2012, 03:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Doc put me on Xanax for anxiety and Seroquel for sleep.
He also put me on prilosec for the stomach acids which have been really bad! Every night I've been choking down a half dozen tums due to the bile build up from stress. I would wake up 2-3x per night with severe reflux.
I took one Xanax when I got home and all my anxiety went AWAY! Mind you, I fell asleep for 2 hours too. But that was a nice nap since I was exhausted...
Old 01-03-2012, 03:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I think as long as you were honest with your doctor about abusing the meds, they will watch you more closely with any abusive substance, such as the Xanax. Just be honest with yourself and take them as prescribed. Good job coming clean with your doctor!! That is a huge step.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by IvanKatz View Post
Doc put me on Xanax for anxiety and Seroquel for sleep.
He also put me on prilosec for the stomach acids which have been really bad! Every night I've been choking down a half dozen tums due to the bile build up from stress. I would wake up 2-3x per night with severe reflux.
I took one Xanax when I got home and all my anxiety went AWAY! Mind you, I fell asleep for 2 hours too. But that was a nice nap since I was exhausted...
xanax is very good for anxiety. Just make sure you toss it when the w/d is over. I have been through xanax w/d and imho it is worse than opiate w/d. That being said, your dr knows what he is doing. take the meds as you need them.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I understand what you meant chris - don't leave any around - but I think it's always best to finish your course as prescribed, or at least see your Dr if you want to stop beforehand.

D
Old 01-03-2012, 03:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Fortunately for me, I HATE Xanax! Seriously! I've used it before for anxiety but I can't stand taking it for more than a couple of days. I HATE HATE HATE how it makes me feel. I know it kills the anxiety and that's the only reason I've ever taken it.
Oxy and Opana are my DOC and have always hated everythng else. I hate pot - haven't smoked it in 20 years for a reason, and despise alcohol because it makes me sick to drink.
Funny thing is I come from a family with heavy addictions to pot and alcohol. I guess I got the addict gene but just a little different one. Know that I know I can't get anymore scripts, I'm jazzed. Just need to get through the next week or two and I'm free.
It's a great feeling SR!
Old 01-03-2012, 03:33 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

man that is great your feeling better! I bet you will get a good nights sleep! Think how great that will feel!
Old 01-03-2012, 03:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

((Ivan)) - that's what I take for sleep because otherwise, I just don't sleep. My Dr is well aware of my history and I have no desire to abuse anything. I'm glad you're feeling better and am sure some good sleep will help a lot!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy