Notices

I am Grateful for 2011

Old 01-02-2012, 09:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I am Grateful for 2011

Hi all,

I am grateful for 2011! This was the year that I went abstinent from alcohol. I did this back in mid June, I cannot remember the exact date as it isn't important anyways

I also received an important certification for my career back in March. I have a great job that pays well. I also lost about 60 pounds and am keeping it off, it's great to wear 32 inch jeans again . By the way we celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary. Health wise, I had my physical and all was good. Blood tests , liver enzymes, etc. Yay!!

This was all prompted back in February where I had shortness of breath and chest pains (I am 48). After a heart cath, it was determined that I was just overweight and out of shape (haha, like I couldn't tell from looking in the mirror). My doctor (a great guy) just looked at me and said "is it time"? I was so embarrassed for something that was caused by my drinking and wasted a lot of people's time and resources for someone that actually may have needed it. So I told my Doctor, yup, it's time. I don't think he believed me LOL

So Baclofen had taken the cravings way down anyways and the 17 Day Diet took the weight off.

I am not posting this for accolades, or hurrah's, but instead for posterity. I want to be able look back, in case I am ever tempted again.

Part of my recovery has been to check everyday the new posts. I feel so sad for those hitting their bottoms. But it strengthens my resolve to abstain, so thanks to all for having the courage to post. And maybe, just maybe, my post will show you that it can be done (It's only been 7 months, but it's a good start to 8 months, then 9 months then a year, etc. ) I am grateful for this website

I also feel so happy for those rarer posts of peoples success, it gives me hope.

So happy new year everyone. In 2012, it will be what you make it, I know it will be for me. And whatever problems come up, I know that I will be better prepared to handle it than if I were drinking. I don't have to be a victim to this disease.