Notices

i am in problems.please help

Old 12-30-2011, 12:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry i am in problems.please help

I hav a query ,if you have some time and if u could reply.i would be very grateful towards you..I was a drug addict for 2 years.i over did( i realii mean i really over did) a drug which is called "bhang" in india(leaves and flowers (buds) of the female cannabis plant)
. i ate it in substance form ,did not take it in liquid form.for about 2 years in very large quantities.i didnot smoke it but ate it in the form of bhang golis.
first 6 months 3 bhang golis / day for averagely 15 days a month
2nd 6 months 5 bhang golis / day for averagely 15 days a month
3rd 6 months 5-7 bhang golis / day for averagely 15 days a month
last 6 months about 7-10 bhang golis / day for averagely 20 days a month
THIS WAS THE QUANTITY INTAKE.ONE BHANG GOLIS WAS ROUGHLY EQUAL TO ONE THIRD OF A GOLF BALL.

BUT I HAVE QUIT IT NOW FOR 5 MONTHS. now i am having problems like 1)anxiety,2)depression (very high)3) very suicidal4)have become unmotivational within myself,5)undecisiveness,
And i have had history of uncontrollable anxiety through my schooling days(only during examinations).everytime before any exam i would have uncontrollable anxiety but after the exam i would get over i would start feeling normal.but during since those days i used to feel a feeling of depression developed into me (mild) all through these years.but now the depression is worst.

so i wanted to ask that 1)as my depression is prolonged through 4-5 years(mild) but after quitting the drug has increased very much,so do i need to take the medication as my depression is prolonged for over 4 YEARS.???(as i am very hesitant to take any medicine as i have read articles about anti-depressants that you tend to keep taking them all life and they cause morre problems
2)And due to prolonged use of that drug(bhang).is it possible that ,"leaves and flowers (buds) of the female cannabis plant",would have caused certain damage in my brain for which any medicines is required to be taken?Or even without taking ANY MEDICATION,i can become all right??
And How?
3)so i also wanted to ask if it is possible to not take and medicines AND can i cure myself without medication,

i went o phychatarist and the are providing endless medicines to me
SO PLEASE HELP ME.AND EXPLAIN WHAT ALL IT HAS CAUSED AND PLEASE ANSWER THE VITAL QUESTIONS
Old 12-30-2011, 01:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

hi and welcome Rahul

Unfortunately we can't provide the kind of medical advice you're asking for here.

Depression and anxiety are commonplace for a lot of us after we stop using, though.

I have suffered from depression tho, and I found medication helped me a lot.

I wonder why we're sometimes not at all worried to take all kinds of drugs recreationally, but we baulk at medications that may help us?

If you think the advice you're getting from your doctor is not suitable for you or not what you want, I recommend you get a second opinion.

D
Old 12-30-2011, 03:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Rahul clinical depression is a serious disease that you should talk to a Dr about. Medication didnt work well for me but I worked with a therapist and got to a place where for the first time in my life I'm OK. That doesnt mean I dont have my moments but they are fewer and farther apart. Self medication never in my opinion works. Talk to a professional it does get better