Notices

Bad trips...anyone?

Old 12-20-2011, 06:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Bad trips...anyone?

Has anyone ever had bad trips with drugs?
This Sunday, my relapse, I drunk and smoked pot. I smoked when I was already drunk, only a little, I dont like pot, it makes me paranoid. I have only smoked about 15 times in my life. Why I do it? I really don't know...
When I started to feel paranoid my answer was to drink even more to dull it.
I ended up in a black-out then sick for a day in a hungover...throwing up and everything...
In high school I had a very intense bad trip due to weed, I think it was the 4th or 5th time I was smoking. The anxiety, paranoia, depression, depersonalization only went away weeks after.
Now I got some of that creepy feeling with me now, like I did have a bad trip.
Has anyone been through this? I cant relate to people who smoke weed to 'relax'...it gives me more anxiety than everything...
Old 12-20-2011, 08:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I've felt like that a few times (less severe) from smoking, but each of these times was the first time I smoked after a period of abstinence. I guess it was the result of my tolerance being lower.
Old 12-20-2011, 08:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Yeah when doing acid I've had some seriously bad trips. One night I dropped some acid and got so paranoid that I thought people were chasing me, trying to kill me, and I hid in some bushes for hours... not my best moments. I know exactly what you're talking about.

I've used weed before...never liked it though, not because it made me paranoid but simply because it tasted and smelled nasty.
Old 12-20-2011, 08:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
dude in recovery

I got really REALLY high on weed throughout my 20s and liked it (for the most part) also rarely ever drank heavy while high. I quit weed in my early 30s 'cause it then had a very different effect on me, just like you mentioned, I got really LOW, heart popping outta my chest and felt damn near suicidal until it would wear off anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour or so later (not a good thing for someone who keeps a loaded handgun at arms reach, not good at all.) I guess my mind just doesn't know what to do with THC anymore . I used LSD a few times in my early 20s and never had a bad trip that (very lucky), but it just reconfirms my new promise to 'Never use any mind altering drug ever again.'.
Old 12-21-2011, 06:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Years and years ago I had a horrifying experience with hallucinogenic mushrooms that would reoccur whenever I used LSD. So I stopped tripping. However, these "bad trips" would happen periodically in the form of flashbacks when I was smoking pot, once or twice when drinking.

Years later, on a radio talk show, I heard them describing my flashbacks exactly. They were discussing panic attacks.
Old 12-22-2011, 10:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Not again

Andre'

Nice job, good for you. And that cost you how much?

Larry