Notices

New Life is possible

Old 12-16-2011, 10:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

New Life is possible

Well its finally gonna happen. Just got word yesterday. Landed a knucle-bustin, long hours, millright job. A steady job. I've been sober now for 1 year 5 months and 6 days, 95 days off crack. Because I've been flat broke most of that time, its been easier than say "normal". Now things will change, I'll have money in my pocket. This will be the first time in my work history that I start a job without being a user. Good thing is it will be in a new environment, not in my home town. I have got to make it work thats all there is to it. Any advice from my soberrecovery buddies is certianly welcome.
Old 12-16-2011, 10:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
FT

Hey neferkamichael,

What great news!

I say, forge ahead. You've got the current advantage of being PRESENT. Nothing holding you back, no substances weakening your ability to succeed at this. New beginnings are scary and exciting all at once.

In your new town, I would suggest finding the places to go for pure enjoyment, physical workout, social scene, where you can retreat after such hard working hours. If you plan ahead for your relaxation and enjoyment, your mind will not be seeking the old ways, the destructive ways that plagued you in the past.

Much luck to you. This sounds like an exciting time, new chances, new beginning.

FT
Old 12-16-2011, 10:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations Michael!! That's great news, I'm so happy for you. I know you've been wanting this for a while and you got it! Keep us posted on how things are going. Best of luck to you.
Old 12-16-2011, 11:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Fantastic News Michael!! I'm so very happy for you. I think, remembering where you were 95 days ago, will be incentive enough not to fall into old patterns. Enjoy a clean sober life and all it has to offer. You should be so very proud. I know it was a hard road. But...you've done it! Never get complacent. You made my day.

Best Wishes To You!
Old 12-16-2011, 01:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations Michael - another great move forward for you

That money is your pocket is only a problem if you let it be - I have faith and confidence in you

D
Old 12-16-2011, 05:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am new and raed ur post and that gives me great hope.
I have to realise it takes time, and I am not used to waiting like evryone else, but trying..
VERY BEST OF LUCK TO U !!!!!!!!!1
With first check buy ur self something for U, U deserve it and worked hard to get it..
Even if it is a snickers bar, lol
Seriuosly happy to hear this and it helps ME, thanks
Old 12-16-2011, 05:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrats man. That's awesome. Yeah, money in the pocket has always been the biggest hurdle for me -- I was too proud to mooch off of others' drugs. That said, if a user can handle disposable money, he/she can handle pretty much anything IMO.
Old 12-16-2011, 06:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

(((Michael))) - YAY!!! Money hasn't really been an issue with me, but that's probably because I don't have much of it. I know I had never been responsible with money, even back in the day when I actually had some.

After crack, though, I got very appreciative of what money I worked hard for and earned. The thought of blowing money on crack, when I knew it would only make me want more and send me down that one-way street to misery just lost its appeal.

I, too, have faith in you. Take it one day at a time, pay bills or put money in the bank and keep walking "Recovery Road". You'll be just fine

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-18-2011, 08:01 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Great job neferkamichael! I am so happy for you. This is a huge accomplishment. Keep it up and things will just keep getting better
Old 12-18-2011, 01:39 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Congratulations to you on the job!!!

I am very happy for you. Still looking for employment here just have to keep a positive attitude!

I wish you all the best!!!
Old 12-18-2011, 02:01 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Michael you have stayed clean and sober this long...you can do anything. Remember what we said earlier...YOU are a force of nature. An awesome one!!! You will do great in this job!! Love ya